PDA

View Full Version : Moomba cruise

Jpersi6
07-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey guys new to the forum already picked up tons of tips!

Question: I have a 2008 obv. The cruise seems to be turning on even when the switch is off and hasn't been used for a while. Just wondering if this a system malfunction or new user error.

Thanks,

JP

KSmith
07-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Hey JP,

Could you provide a bit more detail on what you mean by it turning on? What is it doing that leads you to believe it is turned on when the switch is off? This is the basic Moomba Cruise and not PP, Zero Off, or Digital Pro right?

Jpersi6
07-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Hey Kraig,
Yes this is your basic moomba cruise. The toggle switch will be in the off position. In neutral after a fresh start...I'll try to get up fast as possible....the green light will flash and hold me steady at 22 mph....I cannot go any faster....
I will then stop put in neutral... and even tried reverse to reset or take care of this but the same thing happens....Problem seems to quit after restarting (turning off and back on) but happens without warning.

Thanks again!!

maxpower220
07-07-2012, 09:29 PM
So, does this happen when you first launch the boat at the beginning of the day, or does this occur after you have engaged the cruise but then turned the toggle of the cruise to off but did not shut down the boat. If it is the first issue, then you have a problem. If your scenerio is the second, I think I have had this happen.

Mostly, I leave the cruise on and turn the engine off. When restarting the engine, the cruise is now set at idle until I reset it.

Hope this helps.

KSmith
07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey Kraig,
Yes this is your basic moomba cruise. The toggle switch will be in the off position. In neutral after a fresh start...I'll try to get up fast as possible....the green light will flash and hold me steady at 22 mph....I cannot go any faster....
I will then stop put in neutral... and even tried reverse to reset or take care of this but the same thing happens....Problem seems to quit after restarting (turning off and back on) but happens without warning.

Thanks again!!

Well with the blinking light and the speed being limited it certainly seems like it is acting as if the switch were turned on. As long as you are sure the switch is fully set to Off while it does this then I guess you will need to take it in and have it looked at. It sounds like the switch is not working properly. I'm not sure if the module can be opened and the switch fixed. If it is sealed then you may need a new module.

Where are you located?

schuylski
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Here's a possibility, it may not be malfunctioning but just part of the system that makes difficult. I think the cruise is a little weird depending on when you turn it off. I can't exactly remember how it works, but there are some situations where when you turn it off, it is still somewhat engaged and will still limit your speed. I know if you turn it off going the set speed it won't let you go faster until you slow down. There may also be something where if you turn it off while going slower it's still engaged.

I just always turn it off now when in neutral or with the boat off. Or actually to be honest, right after I forget to turn it off and go to get up the next skier and the boat doesn't go anywhere.... back to neutral, cruise off, ok now we're good.

When this happens to you, when did you toggle the cruise off? Also, going in reverse won't reset anything.