PDA

View Full Version : A child and a teenager riding on an inner tube were injured

KSmith
07-06-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/child-teen-injured-in-1473055.html

A child and a teenager riding on an inner tube were injured after being run over by a personal watercraft Friday afternoon on Lake Lanier, officials said.

motosno963
07-06-2012, 06:00 PM
either the guy on the jetski was to close to the boat and didnt see the kids or either he wasnt paying attention and ran them over

E4NASH
07-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Man, I was surfing out there on Wednesday and this clown on a Sea-Doo came along side us and then cut us off about 15 feet from the bow of my boat. I swear in all the years I've been around the lake I have never had so many encounters with Rogue dumbasses on a PWC as I have here. They really should make you have a license to drive one before you can buy or ride one. Just plain stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
07-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Guess the lake just isn't big enough, right?

blackout_58
07-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I know this may be common sense, but how does this happen with all that water? I do agree with E4NASH, a license should be mandatory for PWC's similar to motorcycles. Still this is very unfortunate that this had to happen.

jmvotto
07-06-2012, 09:21 PM
In NY you must have a license to ride one, but it does not change the way the Wally's ride them..... Idiots freaking idiots to run over a tuber..

motosno963
07-06-2012, 10:24 PM
ill be truthfull with yall..i have a " crotch rocket" and i ought her new..i had a permit for her back in 2010..i have yet to get my licence due to the fact every year i tell myself im going to sell it..also i didnt have a licence when i bought it but i have almost 6,000 miles on my bike..only pulled over once and that was because my reg was up and i forgot about it..let me go, never asked for my licence..now im not bragging or anything but there are people out there who know how to ride/ drive a PWC without causing a problem.. and im not one of those kinds of people..i just hate it when theres a few bad apples that cause the PWC/ motorcycle guys to have a bad rep

E4NASH
07-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I have been riding PWCs since I was 8 years old. I was always taught/told to respect the water and others using it. We always stayed away from boats and tuber's/skiers. I just don't understand why a lot of the people that ride them now act as if the lake is theirs and they can go where ever and as fast as they want to without any regard for anyone else. That lake is big enough that there is no good reason why any boat or ski should ever come in contact with another. This is my first summer down here is this normal for this area or is this just a random series of events here? This is just absolutely ridiculous. I have never heard of so many irresponsible incidents on one lake in such a short amount of time in my entire life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
07-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Sorry, E, but I think Lanier is about on pace for the usual amount of craziness and fatalities.

jpetty3023
07-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Sorry, E, but I think Lanier is about on pace for the usual amount of craziness and fatalities.

How many square miles is Lanier? Lot of use by military personal?

Sent from my home phone..

wolfeman131
07-07-2012, 12:08 AM
It's 38,000 acres with almost 700 miles of shoreline. It's a big lake, but Atlanta is a big town. You see everything on the lake from inflatable rafts to the baddest houseboats. Jet skis, runabouts, bass boats, wakeboats, cigarette boats, toons - it's all fair game on Lanier.

WaterBullDawg1980
07-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Why do you think you guys have heard Mr complaining about the rough water so much. It sucks. Now where E is 100 times better but that would be an additional 30 minutes of drive time for me. After this season it is official that I am either making that drive it going to Sinclair or Hartwell. Don't get me wrong, Lanier is a gorgeous lake with the cleanest water in Ga, but its nonsense like this that pops blood vessels in my head. When it comes to the safety of my family nothing is more important. If you go back and look at my July pics, the jackass with the 42 footer with the blue lights came within 5 feet of my bow trying to get his anchor to grab. He only stopped BC I was standing on my bow yelling at him to watch out. Of course the response was "Haha! Sorry fella, still getting use to the boat! Its my first one!". WTH??? Idiot. I could go on and on about Lanier. The only reason I have stayed on it is BC it is so easy to get to after work during the week. Plus they have Sunset Cove volleyball that a few of my buddies dominate in. And by dominate, I mean we don't lose. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2