PDA

View Full Version : Sad sad 4th of July story

jmvotto
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/05/25-rescued-after-yacht-capsizes-near-oyster-bay/

Being smart could have avoided this tradegy. Very very sad for three children.

jpetty3023
07-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Definitely a hard read. So very sad on such a joyous holiday. Bless the souls of those little children

sandm
07-06-2012, 07:13 AM
sad story. the parents will have to live with those bad decisions for the rest of their lives.. that will not be easy..

KSmith
07-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Very sad, Bless their souls. Heard about this on the morning news, not sure it'd have helped but kids that age are required to wear life jackets on my boat. But being in the cabin it may not have helped if the were trapped. It sounds like they are looking at the boat being overloaded with people and if so charges may be pending.

Cigars n scotch
07-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Very sad, Bless their souls. Heard about this on the morning news, not sure it'd have helped but kids that age are required to wear life jackets on my boat. But being in the cabin it may not have helped if the were trapped. It sounds like they are looking at the boat being overloaded with people and if so charges may be pending.

Yeah according to the NY news story this morning there were 27 ppl onboard and the boat mfg. states 15 max.

jmvotto
07-06-2012, 09:22 AM
like in the MC lawsuit it will be the MFG fault.....

motosno963
07-06-2012, 03:41 PM
thats alot of people for a boat that size..those kids should have worn a life jacket(if they didnt have one on) but if the water rushed into that cabin it very well could have pushed those kids to the front of the boat and they wouldnt be able to do anything anyways..sad story the boat owner should be at fault for letting to many people on his boat..i hate inviting to many people for my boat..that just cause less space to move and more problems can occur