PDA

View Full Version : Not cool ups

motosno963
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
sooo as yall know i got the fly high fat seat for my DD and it came today..so last thursday i ordered the tsunami pump from walmart and paid extra to have here today..it came today haha..i then ordered the 2 fittings from wakemakers on thursday also and picked 3 day select shipping thinking the latest it would be here would be tuesday (tomorrow)..well i checked the tracker yesterday and it said thursday it will be here..not going to cut it..i have tuesday off and a few us were going to test it out to get her ready for the weekend..is there any way i can still hook it up without the connectors so i can use it or no..also since this is the first time ever having a tsunami pump and ballast how would i go about draining the bag?

KSmith
07-02-2012, 05:46 PM
How were you expecting to hook up the pump to the bag? What pump did you buy and which fittings did you order?

jpetty3023
07-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I drain my bags with the same adapter I use to fill. Just take it off and switch it over to the drain side

Sent from my home phone..

motosno963
07-02-2012, 05:52 PM
i ordered the 1200 tusnami pump and then i was told by one of the members on here to order the " fly high tsunami pump quick twist connector W734" and the " fly high 1 1/8'' hose quick twist connector W738"..tomorrow i plan on going to radio shack to get the cig. plug in to hook up my power to the pump and lowes for the 1 1/4th hose

motosno963
07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I drain my bags with the same adapter I use to fill. Just take it off and switch it over to the drain side

Sent from my home phone..thats what i thought

KSmith
07-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Okay so you're building your own stand alone pump system. How did that price out compared to buying the tsunami package?

Anyway, without the connectors it's going to be a bit difficult to hook it up. You could hand hold the fill hose to the threaded bag opening and I suspect you and the boat will get wet. Draining however is a bigger issue and you might just drain it into the bilge and let it be.

motosno963
07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Okay so you're building your own stand alone pump system. How did that price out compared to buying the tsunami package?

Anyway, without the connectors it's going to be a bit difficult to hook it up. You could hand hold the fill hose to the threaded bag opening and I suspect you and the boat will get wet. Draining however is a bigger issue and you might just drain it into the bilge and let it be.wakemakers wants 40$ for the pump but walmart i think was 34-35..but again since i was going to use it all on tuesday i did express shipping on the pumps and connectors..so an extra 10$? for the pump on shipping, and like 15~ for the fittings pluss like 24$ for the 3 day shipping..i almost want my shipping money back from ups cause i thought it was going to be here by tuesday..ohh well.. but if i didnt pay extra for shipping i probably would have saved 15-20$ when all said and done..i dont mind getting a little wet when filling and i could just un clamp the hose from the pump and run the hose to the bilge when i drain it so it wont be all over the boat for now

Cigars n scotch
07-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I had 6 cans of plasti-dip delivered on Friday night at 9:34 pm from UPS and I had already left for our shorehouse so I was not happy. I stopped by the house today after boarding on the river to pick them up. FedEx comes everyday at 2pm or earlier and for whatever reason UPS is always late and typically after 5 or 6 o'clock. BS!

motosno963
07-03-2012, 11:38 PM
sooo i got the sac to work.. had to extend my power wires on the pump and get a 1 1/2 connecter to 3/8th's so i could just stick it in the hole and fill up the sac..would all that weight in the back make my boat bog?.. a couple of times she bogged on me and i noticed that it was a little hard to keep her in the sweet spot, i know i need a walk way ballast to equal it out too