PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

Salyers
07-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Was out yesterday surfing just starting out the day and after about 15min the check engine light came on. No change in oil pressure, engine temp, or voltage. Looked at the diagnostic on the digital pro screen and had 2 error codes.

J1939_Txfai - CAN link Failure, CAN wires probably not connected
J1939_Rxfai - CAN link Failure, power supply related or bad connections on CAN wires.

My shop/dealer is closed till Thursday the 5th so does anyone have any input?. What is CAN and where should I begin to check connections for it.

Can or should I continue to operate with light on? Please HELP! Also it was around 105 degrees out! Could that have anything to do with error codes?

We stopped for the day after light came on. I did try to reset/clear codes but it kept reappearing.

KSmith
07-02-2012, 01:06 PM
CAN is a communication standard. Call Service at Atlanta Marine and ask what the codes "really" mean. Then let us know!

Scott Ledwith, Service 678-541-6608

"SAE J1939 protocol stack was designed by Simma Software, a nationally recognized J1939 expert, to meet the demanding needs of the high speed Controller Area Network (CAN). The J1939 source code uses a high performance modular design and has a simple API. Benchmarks have shown the stack to be 800% more efficient than other commercially available J1939 software solutions. The software protocol stack is well documented and has been used in more than a quarter of a milliion embedded systems. "

DOCDRS
07-02-2012, 03:32 PM
"SAE J1939 protocol stack was designed by Simma Software, a nationally recognized J1939 expert, to meet the demanding needs of the high speed Controller Area Network (CAN). The J1939 source code uses a high performance modular design and has a simple API. Benchmarks have shown the stack to be 800% more efficient than other commercially available J1939 software solutions. The software protocol stack is well documented and has been used in more than a quarter of a milliion embedded systems. "

(https://forum.moomba.com/member.php?9906-KSmith)

After reading this my expression must of looked like the one in your avtar "duh, what did he say?"

Salyers
07-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Yep, thats pretty much what I thought!. Called Atlanta Marine and they said that I have to have it reset by my dealer. They thought that it was unlikely to cause problems with operation. Wasn't planning to go out until 2 weeks so i'll take it to the dealer and have them look it over.

BlueMoomba13
09-11-2021, 04:03 PM
Was out yesterday surfing just starting out the day and after about 15min the check engine light came on. No change in oil pressure, engine temp, or voltage. Looked at the diagnostic on the digital pro screen and had 2 error codes.

J1939_Txfai - CAN link Failure, CAN wires probably not connected
J1939_Rxfai - CAN link Failure, power supply related or bad connections on CAN wires.

My shop/dealer is closed till Thursday the 5th so does anyone have any input?. What is CAN and where should I begin to check connections for it.

Can or should I continue to operate with light on? Please HELP! Also it was around 105 degrees out! Could that have anything to do with error codes?

We stopped for the day after light came on. I did try to reset/clear codes but it kept reappearing.

Did you ever figure this out? It just happened to me.