PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake Classic

deerfield
06-30-2012, 06:25 PM
These pictures were taken earlier today at a three-event tournament on a crystal clear, private lake located about twenty-five miles northwest of my house. Lake is a spring-fed former rock quarry. It was great to watch kids, maybe one as young as five years old, take to the course. Boat ran outside of and to the right of the standard path, making it possible for the younger kids to make one or two balls. I happened to stop by during the novice portion of the slalom event. Did not get there in time to see the best skiers or stick around to watch trick or jump. Tow boats: Nautique and Malibu. I promise to take action pics at the next tournament I visit. Have several more on the calendar for this season. If you live in the Midwest and want to compete in a small, laid back, family friendly, one-day tournament, might want to put this Clear Lake (IL) Classic on your calendar for next year.

wolfeman131
06-30-2012, 10:41 PM
That looks like a great time on some beautiful water. Do you if it was a sanctioned event?

deerfield
06-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Good question. My guess, yes. Had all the signs of being sanctioned. Conducted under USA Water Ski rules, with judges, scorers, point system, safety officials, certified drivers, and approved boats. Only role missing was announcer. Spoke with one of the competitors and happen to ask about the entry fee. He said that a portion goes to USA Water Ski to cover the cost of general liability and athlete medical insurance. I came across today's scheduled event while looking through the USA Water Ski Midwest Region Tournament Calendar. Link to today's results:

http://www.usawaterski.org/rankings/ScoreBks/12M074CS.HTM

wolfeman131
07-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Wow. That's great to see!

Are we going to read a post about you participating in the future?