PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ride a Liquid Force Substance - Looking for a review

bergermaister
06-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Stumbled across a practically new Liquid Force Substance 142 for a good deal locally. Thinking about picking it up as a spare boat board or to alternate with my normal Slingshot 'death on a stick' ride. Anyone riding one and any reviews?

Boonejeepin
06-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Not a big fan of the Slingshot?

I am not very experienced as a wakeboarder but I have come to love the flex of my Slingshot. Even if it is a 137 and I should have a 142. It is very loose feeling but makes me concentrate on my edging. It seems to absorb shock in landing as well.

I picked up a Ronix 142 but still prefer to ride the Slingshot. Although the Ronix seems to transition from edge to edge faster. The Slingshot seems to float for a while when I start my cut to the wake.

bergermaister
06-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh I still like it, and am starting to work on getting over the curse - just looking for another option. I have a LF Team 142 as well I think I mentioned to you. Was actually just looking for another set of bindings to swap other boards and came across this one complete with bindings on the cheap.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
GREAT board. Easy to ride. Very smooth and predictable. Not going to give you a ton of pop but it is good enough. The 142 may feel a bit sluggish though depending on how big of a boy ya are. :) Should be a perfect as a spare board.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Just as a disclaimer the last Substance I rode was an 04. :) You may want to see if a few guys chime in with experience with the newer ones. I will say that I see them all the time though. Seems to be a very popular board.

bergermaister
07-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Damn - finally got a response out of the guy that it was 'just sold'... thanks for the feedback though.

wolfeman131
07-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I hate getting that response, especially when my first reaction was, "do it!" yet I debated & delayed.