PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy Fresh Air Exhaust

mmandley
06-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi everyone.

There seems to be some interest in a group buy of the Fresh Air Exhaust system.

FAE is what its called for short.

I have spoken with Larry the owner of the FAE system and he can do a $50 discount on the kit.
I was hopping to get more but being the peak season hes already pretty busy and its hard to get deals this time of year.

What i need from those wanting to get involved is
1 Who <your screen name>
2 what year boat.
3 check out my links below for pricing and options.

This is the general site info. http://www.freshairexhaust.com/
This is the building what you want and how much it will cost you. http://www.freshairexhaust.us/

I would like to get this going ASAP as some peoples summer is shorter then others. If you are on the fence and want more info please let me know. I might be able to work a delayed purchse agreement with you and Larry but still get you the group buy discount.

I have done a group buy in the past and i prefer to handle everything myself Except the actual payment which you will deal with Larry directly. This just allows it to be much simpler then having 20 guys all calling him saying there part of the Moomba group buy and him trying to sort them all out. I will send him an email with everyones real names, and as they pay him he can ship your orders and give the discounts.

I am setting the shut off for this gorup buy - July 20th 3 weeks from tomorrow. Like i said if you really want in but need to wait just a few weeks longer please communicate it to me so i can keep you in the discount and get everyone else the discount.

contact me threw PM or my email in my signature.
I will still get the write up for the FAE i did on my boat.
Thanks

motosno963
06-29-2012, 04:52 PM
whats the total price for one?

moombahighrider
06-29-2012, 06:40 PM
whats the total price for one?

You need to go to the website and choose your boat and options to get the price figured out. From there Mike has already shared the discount we are getting...

motosno963
06-29-2012, 10:31 PM
yeaa sorry im slow again haha..i was on there site before and might have over looked it..ill look again..sorry

motosno963
06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
ok with my discount mine will cost 550$ haha not to bad

lsvboombox
06-29-2012, 10:44 PM
ok with my discount mine will cost 550$ haha not to bad

For 550 i will keep inhaling co2...

motosno963
06-29-2012, 10:54 PM
thats with all the bells and whisles..chrome pipes ,mounts for the platform, and a flapper

wolfeman131
06-29-2012, 11:03 PM

I do it for free, especially when the kids are on my nerves.

mmandley
06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
The average cost of the set up, just black,

mounts and no quick release is 440 minus discount you pay 390
mounts and quick release 480 minus discount you pay 430

Basically doesnt matter what year or type a moomba you have thats the going rate.
Add polished finish and flaper then you get up in price a bit.

mmandley
07-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Heres a list of what i got, i said the Group Buy registration will last till 7/20/2012

xBabyJesus 08 XLV
ORboatpilot 07 LSV
Moombadaze 08 LSV
ULMboarder boat?
TL7 2010 LSV
Salyers 2012 Mojo <next month>?
Wolfman131 2012 Mojo ?

We have enough and then some for the discount.
Please PM or email me [email protected] your real first and last names. I want to send Larry at FAE the names so when you call in he knows your on the group buy and can log who has and hasnt got there money in. Unlike other group buys i am pretty sure we can get each unit as you pay, not wait till everyone has paid. Im not positive i will ask for clearification when i send in the names.

Thanks

wolfeman131
07-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Mandley, you spending my money w/out me knowing it? Just like my wife. I said I'd keep sniffin the exhaust!

Dont know that I need a FAE with the new 345 hp motor.

mmandley
07-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Mandley, you spending my money w/out me knowing it? Just like my wife. I said I'd keep sniffin the exhaust!

Dont know that I need a FAE with the new 345 hp motor.

HAHA oh well i wasnt sure if you were being funny or what lol. I did some checking and yes the Cats on the engine do help the environment, but they still dont block the carbon monoxide and thats whats actualy the most deadliest to people.

Of course im spending some of your money, you just spent some of mine with the fulton winch, and over the winter it was the fulton jack.. LOL

Stazi
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
No shit.....I can get a full cat back exhaust for a car for that. Jesus!

wolfeman131
07-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Seriously, the FAE is a fantastic product from what I've heard and Larry a fantastic guy to work with.

Mike, thanks for the insight on the co2. I need to talk with the boss about this one.

moombadaze
07-19-2012, 07:31 AM
when do I need to contact Larry ?

mmandley
07-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Id like to wait till Tuesday night, i have the NW Moomba Camping trip this weekend, so im headed out of town. If you really want to order right now i can send him a list of what i have but very few names, only the older guys from the site i know the names of lol.

Moombadaze if you want to get your order placed i can call Larry direct tell him your in like flin and you can order this today or tomorrow.

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Mine has a cat on it. I would love to get rid of it and go with the fae. Is there an option out there for that?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

mmandley
07-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Mine has a cat on it. I would love to get rid of it and go with the fae. Is there an option out there for that?

The FAE has no effect with a Cat, if you want to get rid of a Cat you have to replace the exhaust manifolds. I would assume if you really wanted to tackle this then get your enhine size, make, and you buy manifolds for it, i havnt taken a good look at the new Cat engines so i cant say if theres more to change or not.

What makes you want to take the Cat off?

moombadaze
07-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Mike, not rushing as I was just wondering when to place the call. Thanks

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 09:09 AM
The FAE has no effect with a Cat, if you want to get rid of a Cat you have to replace the exhaust manifolds. I would assume if you really wanted to tackle this then get your enhine size, make, and you buy manifolds for it, i havnt taken a good look at the new Cat engines so i cant say if theres more to change or not.

What makes you want to take the Cat off?

It's well known that cats damper performance. In a car anyway. Could you explain why I would need to change my manifolds? The cat goes across the front of.the engine and is attached to the manifolds with boots. I was wondering if.there was an elimination kit for this setup. Just trying to squeeze out a few more ponies

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 09:17 AM
I know that the fae has nothing to do with the cat. But I don't want to just remove the cat and blast raw exhaust at the riders

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast liquid audio quad polk tower setup. airboom light bar.

moombadaze
07-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Just trying to squeeze out a few more ponies

I wonder if its even possible for the motor to run if you removed them, theres a pcm controlling everything and you would have changed stuff drastically.

And what about resale, the cats are now standard and required so if you wanted to sell it I wonder what that would do to your selling price and desire from a future owner to deal with it in the condition, I know I would not even look at it twice.

The newer base motors still have more hp and tourqe than some from just a couple years ago

^^just thinking outloud

I was in Drews Mojo last week, he has the slighlty upgraded motor (345hp??) and that boat hauls major A$$ and was not lacking for power at all. Now Im just comparing it to my 08 LSV which is smaller and lighter than the Mojo

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 09:27 AM
It's a 2005 indmar assault. It's a little sluggish running full ballast with passengers and I don't want to lose any top end by changing the prop

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast liquid audio quad polk tower setup. airboom light bar.

Stazi
07-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Ditching the cats won't help low end torque, it'll only help (if any) at the higher rpms.

As moombadaze mentioned, the ECU probably may have a O2 sensor after the cat, if so, ditching the cat will throw a code and probably put the ECU into limp mode so then you'll end up with a 50hp motor.

Honestly the cost to squeeze out a few more hp out of you boat won't be worth the PITA it will take to do so.

These aren't race boats (or cars for that matter), they're tow boats. You can change the prop without sacrificing too much top end. I did on my LS and maybe it won't do 45mph now, but it'll do 40, which is plenty fast for this boat.

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes not race boats but i do equal amounts of cruising and surfing and such. There are no o2 sensors beyond the cat as its not required to be monitored for emissions like on a car

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 11:39 AM
I know we are way off topic now and maybe a mod could move this convo to a more appropriate thread but what prop did you go with?

mmandley
07-19-2012, 01:59 PM
I know we are way off topic now and maybe a mod could move this convo to a more appropriate thread but what prop did you go with?

Its ok GA i actually think your a bit confused on your set up or someone miss told you what your boat has.

An 05 will not have Cats on it. The long back tube that sits right in front of the engine that both exhaust outlets connect to is actually a muffler. Its just fiberglass and it keeps a gallon or so of water in it and helps to muffle the engine a bit.

If you have Cats on the engine then the exhaust manifolds will be HUGE and rise up significantly over the engine and normally have stickers on them or badges to indicate its a Cat.

If your boat is feeling sluggish on hole shots when loaded with ballast then you prolly just need to re pop your boat with a wake board style prop.

THis is the engine with no cat, you top riser can be mounted the other direction for V drive boats.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/inmarnocat.jpg

This is the engine with Cats.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/indmarcat.png

Hope this clears it up for you bro

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Hmm was told by previous owner it had cats and there are also cali certified emissions stickers on it indicating it has converters. But you are correct I was assuming the tube you're talking about was the converter.

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

mmandley
07-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Well i cant say for sure as what your boat has in it since im not there LOL. My boat also has a Emission sticker for Cali, it basically says my boat will pass Cali Emission stanards. Mine does not have Cats though. Its a sticker on the bow area.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0097.jpg

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Yep that's the one lol i was obviously misinformed. I does have the factory upgraded wake prop tho

mmandley
07-19-2012, 02:37 PM
In any case though, the FAE bolts on the back of the boat, it doesnt mater if you have Cats or not, this does not effect that part of the boat. It also does not effect performance, doesnt help it or hurt it.

ga-lsv05
07-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Well seeing that I've never experienced any exhaust related illnesses or issues, that would be a lot of money to spend for no substantial improvements

Stazi
07-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Hmm was told by previous owner it had cats and there are also cali certified emissions stickers on it indicating it has converters. But you are correct I was assuming the tube you're talking about was the converter.

My 2004 is Cali Emission certified and I have no cats.

Stazi
07-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Yep that's the one lol i was obviously misinformed. I does have the factory upgraded wake prop tho

The factory wakeboard prop is not the best. There are quite a few ACME props out there that are a LOT better. do a search for prop and LSV and see what others have gone with. Mine's a LS (Direct Drive) so my prop is entirely different to the V-Drive LSV. For the LSV the ACME 1433 and 1847 are very popular, the 1235 is well liked if you have plenty of trailer to prop clearance.

wolfeman131
07-19-2012, 06:32 PM
I got a dog to get rid of the cats.

The dog cost me more than the FAE.

Larry Mann is a genius.

sandm
07-20-2012, 07:16 AM
removed cats on several cars over the years. if you have a force-fed car(turbo or sc), you can free up 15-20hp by removing them. taking them off a boat/car like ours will offer up very small gains in power as the engine is designed to run with a certain percentage of backpressure. you might get 4hp. you would be much better off to reprop. as far as the codes go, there are some $5 fixes called spark plug antifoulers you can get at any autozone. they screw into the exhaust pipe then screw the o2 sensor into them. it pulls the o2 back out of the exhaust stream far enough that they won't detect that the cat is not working, but still in the stream enough to get a reading. amazing what all those kids with fartcans on their hondas can teach you :)

as far as the fae, I don't get what the need would be with a new engine with cats on it? if it passes carb, they are so strict your exhaust must smell like roses and puppydogs to pass :)

someone does need to give him the 100k he needs to design that wakesurf hull he has posted about tho... interesting concept. never replace ballast completely, but if it worked, could make switching as easy as the new 'bu surf setup..
http://www.lowriderboats.com/

mmandley
07-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Our big reason for getting the FAE had nothing to do with Exhuast smell, or sound, it was the headachs we were getting at the end of the day. Maybe it the NW and the way the boat reacts, maybe its the cooler water IDK but when surfing after about 20 or 30 minutes i would have a raging migraine, and Claudia, Steve and sometime other people were getting them too. At first i thought i was drinking too much brew and not enough water LOL. Then i was getting them when i quit drinking all day and only had a couple beers near the end of the day.

Im a huge advocate for the FAE, as well as Exile, Wake Makers, and Evolution. All alwesome products but like everything i wouldnt want to push it on you if you dont need it.

I do strongly urge those that have kids who surf, like to sit on the sun deck when your idling around, you really should get one of these installed. Breathing the boat exhuast, in those circumstances is the same as leaving your car running in the garage with the door closed. You dont let your kids play in the garage when the car is running i hope LOL

lsvboombox
07-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Our big reason for getting the FAE had nothing to do with Exhuast smell, or sound, it was the headachs we were getting at the end of the day. Maybe it the NW and the way the boat reacts, maybe its the cooler water IDK but when surfing after about 20 or 30 minutes i would have a raging migraine, and Claudia, Steve and sometime other people were getting them too. At first i thought i was drinking too much brew and not enough water LOL. Then i was getting them when i quit drinking all day and only had a couple beers near the end of the day.

Im a huge advocate for the FAE, as well as Exile, Wake Makers, and Evolution. All alwesome products but like everything i wouldnt want to push it on you if you dont need it.

I do strongly urge those that have kids who surf, like to sit on the sun deck when your idling around, you really should get one of these installed. Breathing the boat exhuast, in those circumstances is the same as leaving your car running in the garage with the door closed. You dont let your kids play in the garage when the car is running i hope LOL

I am thinking the headaches could also be related the exile system

wolfeman131
07-21-2012, 08:19 AM
You dont let your kids play in the garage when the car is running i hope LOL

Not the kids, but I do encourage my Mother In Law to do it.

parrothd
07-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Well seeing that I've never experienced any exhaust related illnesses or issues, that would be a lot of money to spend for no substantial improvements

I was questioning this too, but this week while wake surfing my girlfriend was getting sick from the CO2, headache, dizziness, sick feeling, all from sitting on the sun pad. When I was done with my set and used to the swim platform I could smell it. This will be winter purchase...

moombadaze
07-22-2012, 06:17 PM
wife has kinda put the brakes on this purchase for now, she says the money is going twords a new surfboard to use for the rest of the season.

sorry to bale out and hope it wont screw up the group buy

Canuckle Head
07-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Scariest moment for me was when we were wake surfing and my then 3 year old who was watching me surf passed out while seated inside the boat on the back bench. Guess the carbon monoxide was was washing over the back of the boat. Ordered the FAE the very next day and have never regretted the purchase.

ga-lsv05
07-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Scariest moment for me was when we were wake surfing and my then 3 year old who was watching me surf passed out while seated inside the boat on the back bench. Guess the carbon monoxide was was washing over the back of the boat. Ordered the FAE the very next day and have never regretted the purchase.

Wow... I can see the usefulness now.

jeffInON
07-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Hey Guys,

Is it too late to get in on this. Just bought 1992 Supra Sunport and heard on that form about your group buy.

brain_rinse
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Of course im spending some of your money, you just spent some of mine with the fulton winch, and over the winter it was the fulton jack.. LOL
Just to clarify, Dan and Drew are two different people. :)

mmandley
07-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Moombadaze, ok ill take you off the list,

Jeffinon you can join no problem

Dont worry Dan, i know the difference of you and Drew LOL

jeffInON
07-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Hey mmandley or anyone else who is part of the group buy,

I sent my full name to [email protected]. Should I be contacting FAE and ordering now or do we have to wait? This thread is long and slips off topic for a bit so I'm not sure if I missed some instructions while skimming over it.

Thanks,
Jeff

mmandley
07-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Hey mmandley or anyone else who is part of the group buy,

I sent my full name to [email protected]. Should I be contacting FAE and ordering now or do we have to wait? This thread is long and slips off topic for a bit so I'm not sure if I missed some instructions while skimming over it.

Thanks,
Jeff

Nope dont contact Larry at FAE just yet, I just got back from 4 days at the lake camping, now im headed to work for 3. I will make a new list, and contact Larry this week with the names of those i have. Those who i need info from i will contact directly.

I will make an offical post that says its time to pay your money to FAE.

ORboatpilot
07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
What are we waiting for? Summer will be over by the time the FAE arrives.

xBabyJesus
08-01-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm still on the list right?

mmandley
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok guys ging to Email Larry today with names, i dont have 5 people but im going to ask for the discount anyhow.

ORboatpilot - Casey
JefflnON - Jeff
xbabyjesus - John
Salyers - This month?
ULMboarder??

mmandley
08-01-2012, 12:04 PM
This is a section of the email i sent Larry today on the FAE.

We spoke about the group buy at the very end of June, you were more then willing to help, i know originally we wanted to get 5 people.

Things have changed with a couple guys, 1 had other expenses that came up, he still wants one but i think he has to wait till off season, another is looking at buying a new boat and will purchase for his new boat once he buys it, so we still have a couple on the line for the FAE just down the road a slight bit.
Would you be willing to extend the $50.00 off to the other guys that are willing to purchase right now?

Their names are

Casey Curtis
Jeff Mason
John not sure of his last name LOL

I will have to get the other guys name for the Next month purchase.

What id like to do is if your still ok with the discount ill have them call you up and just remind you there part of the Moomba Group Buy with Mike Mandley

Thanks

Mike

mmandley
08-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Still waiting on FAE to respond, ill call them Tomorrow.

mmandley
08-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Talked with Larry today. This was his responce.

Yes to the $50 off for the 4 guys listed. I would like to wrap it up with them by Friday in case we need any measurements from their boat over the weekend. Have them call us please 512.647.7321

A CAT will significantly reduce the level of CO but you are still breathing the fumes from a V8 gasoline engine ( with chemicals known to be carcinogenic). FAE reduces the noise levels on all boats so a lot of the new boat owners are getting FAE for their stereo. No FAE CAT conflict.

Thanks for your support,
Larry

These are the 4 guys i have listed as in the buy.

Brain Haslem
Casey Curtis
Jeff Mason
John Arnold

Please Contact Larry and get your orders placed. Thanks

jeffInON
08-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Contacting Larry today with my order.

Thanks Mike for putting it together,
Jeff