PDA

View Full Version : Done wakeboarding for this season

jimmobius
06-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Fell last week wakeboarding behind my moomba, fractured left ankle , surgery tomorrow couple of screws and cast for 4 weeks then out. Hope to surf , wakeskate , maybe airchair , back to work would be a plus. Oh yea walking would be good !!
Jim

jpetty3023
06-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. Sending prayers your way for a quick recovery and the least amount of time possible out of the water

Sent from my home phone..

bergermaister
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Dang - sucks getting old. Oh wait! Uh,....

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

bhowell
06-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Broke my ankle last year riding. I fractured the end of my tibia. Didn't need surgery but was back out riding within 6 weeks. I think you will feel strong sooner than you think.

jimmobius
06-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Well that's good news to hear , I am older probably will take some time to heal .Doc says it's the best route to go for quick recovery. Been lucky I guess , in almost 20yrs of wakeboardin' this is my second injury that I can think of. Definitely cabin fever will kick in , and we are having record heat and no rain. Doesn't help with our wildfires of course.
Jim

chawk610
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear that Jim... what happened? Did one foot come out?

New Guy
06-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Been there it sucks but stay on your rehab and you will be right back at it.

jimmobius
06-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Did a heel side jump wake to wake , stuck the tip of the wakeboard in , both feet stayed in the boots , all my weight went over the left foot . It is a lot better since the injury, have been off of it for a week now and icing it regularly. Should be good to go for surgery tomorrow.

wolfeman131
06-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope surgery goes as well as possible tomorrow.

jmb
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
I racked my knee with the wakeboard Saturday. Knee all swolled up and don't know about this weekend. Won't seem to quit hurting. Everyone at work says it's time for me to get a Bass Tracker and give this up. What do they know?

jpetty3023
06-28-2012, 09:40 PM
I racked my knee with the wakeboard Saturday. Knee all swolled up and don't know about this weekend. Won't seem to quit hurting. Everyone at work says it's time for me to get a Bass Tracker and give this up. What do they know?

They don't know Jack or Dicker

Sent from my home phone..

wolfeman131
06-28-2012, 10:30 PM
What do they know?

They don't know jack!

Stay off it & get ready for Sinclair!

jmvotto
06-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Sorry to hear bout the injury, can't believe they waited a week for surgery. Must have been a long week. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

KG's Supra24
06-28-2012, 11:20 PM
sorry to hear and with so much summer left. Hopefully it will heal quicker than you think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nobodyrides4Free
06-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Sorry to hear that! My buddy walked down some steep woods, fell and broke his ankle at Table Rock. A plate , 6 screws in his ankle. He finally got out of walking cast yesterday. He was so glad. I dont feel so bad about my pulled Hamstring knowing what you will have to endure. Do you have disability pay?

jimmobius
06-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone for your support, it does help. Thankfully my employer has short term disability , so I get 100% wages for 8 weeks . After that it goes to 70% up to 6 months. Doc says after 4 weeks , cast will come off and should be able to walk with a brace in my shoe for a while. The surgery time frame was almost going to be pushed out till next week , I insisted to have it done asap .There is just so many people and not enough medical facilities and doctors I guess.
Jim

kaneboats
06-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear about the misfortunes. Hope you guys heal up fast.

jimmobius
07-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Well it's been a little over 2 weeks and things are looking better for me. I went through the surgery , 2 screws later and in a splint for a week. Went back to the doc, removed the splint , x ray'd it and looked at the incision. Said it looked good and was healing well. So in a cast for ONE week, go back and remove it and the stitches, then in a boot for who knows how long. I haven't put any weight on my left foot since the injury so I hope to be able to walk on it without too many issues. So I guess my summer isn't all lost , hope to be able to get back to work and then onto other things. Thanks everyone for your support, more to come.

Jim

viking
07-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Jim that's a bummer but glad it's healing fast. At least you can Drive the boat :)

jimmobius
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey Viking,
Is it summer there yet? Been to Bighorn lake ? How about Flathead?
Jim

viking
07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Summer is in full swing. Here's our forcast:
http://kulr.bimedia.net/8day.jpg

It's too bad that we are burning up though with no moisture and all the fires :(
Not been to Bighorn yet but will before summer's end. Don't know if we'll make it to Northwestern MT this year. Spent some time on Tongue River Reservior and will be Making a 2 week trek to Minnesota to Boat for the whole time :)

jimmobius
07-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Good for you , we hope to make it to Montana last 2 weeks in August . Darn ankle needs to heal up , only had a
couple of screws put in it.

pmoomba
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Obviously do what your doc says first, but when you're moved to the boot, spend as much time out of it as you can. Resting on the couch, sleeping when he says it's ok to, whatever. I was in one during the summer a couple years ago and since nobody said anything, I had it on pretty much all the time (aside from showers, etc). I think the bottom of my foot could have been used as a stand in for a zombie movie, looked terrible and felt worse. Finally called to get it checked out and they said oh, you should be spending more time out of it and that I didn't need to be sleeping in it anymore.

Also, buy a couple of spare oversized socks so you can rotate them pretty frequently instead of using just the 2 or so they give you.

jimmobius
07-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the advice . I haven't put any weight on it since the accident so hope the bone heals up good. Doc says just one week for the cast instead of 2 which is good news for me . He seems to think it's healing up well , it's been almost three weeks since the break and 2 weeks since the surgery.
Jim

pmoomba
07-12-2012, 07:48 AM
I didn't need pins but was still in the boot maybe ~6-8 weeks not bearing any weight. It was pretty slow going when they finally said to try to start walking on it. I still used the crutches for a day or two and progressively added weight instead of going straight to walking. Hurt a lot the first time I tried to stand on it. Did get back to 100% though.

jimmobius
07-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Wow, I hope it doesn't take that long for me. I would really like to get back to a normal life again, oh yea work also.
Cast is coming off tomorrow !! yea for me .
Jim

jimmobius
08-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Little update since it has been a while, I am out of the cast was only in it a week. Doc says wear the "boot" till August 17th then x ray again, now just in a small ankle brace and can walk and wear both shoes !! Feels good to do that , back to work next week light duty after being off for 8 weeks. Also can't do any water sports till after the Sept 14th appointment . I hope I can at least get the boat out one more time before the season is over.
Jim

wolfeman131
08-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, guess that's a pretty good update, all things considered. Hope the weather holds out thru Nov for you.

kaneboats
08-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Screw the dang Dr. What did he ever do for you?

jimmobius
08-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Well I hope to get out here at the lake I belong to then maybe a trip to Arizona for a week or longer. At least I can try out my new to me wake skate . I really am apprehensive about wake boarding again, if I do it won't be flying across the wake.
Jim