PDA

View Full Version : New Wakesurfer for Intermediate

loudsubz
06-27-2012, 09:07 PM
What do you guys suggest? I don't mind spending a bit more on Inland Surfer or something else if it means a better board in general. I have always heard that the offerings from wakeboard companies are not up to par for wakesurf boards but I also hear the new Ronix Carbon board is insane.

What do you guys recommend for spins and tricks. Right now I have an Inland Surfer yellow loogy and while I love it, I find its too small and the nose dives too easy if you lean on the front too much. Looking for a little longer board but still agile and fun.

I wish I could try some of these boards first but our local offerings have nothing more than the run of the mill offerings from CWB, Hyperlite etc.

wolfeman131
06-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Do you have a preference between surf or skim style?

KG's Supra24
06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
I have a walker project and couldn't be happier with it. I had some issues with getting it in but since owning it i'm a huge fan.

I haven't tried a ton of boards but nothing i've ridden is in the same league.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

loudsubz
06-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Do you have a preference between surf or skim style?

To be honest I don't think I have tried a surf style. The yellow loogy is my first board. I did try a CWB surf style that was very long only for a few passes as it was a neighbours board.

muehlcj
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I love my P5 Danielo Pro Carbon. But I can only compare to HL Broadcast and CWB Razr. It's light-years ahead of the others listed.

brain_rinse
07-03-2012, 03:31 PM
I have a walker project and couldn't be happier with it. I had some issues with getting it in but since owning it i'm a huge fan.

I haven't tried a ton of boards but nothing i've ridden is in the same league.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I just rode a Walker board last week and it was impressive to say the least. What else have you ridden?

KG's Supra24
07-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I just rode a Walker board last week and it was impressive to say the least. What else have you ridden?

Outside of the Walker ... CWB Ride, Hyperlite Swell (skim), Ronix Koal, Lakewakes something

brain_rinse
07-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Outside of the Walker ... CWB Ride, Hyperlite Swell (skim), Ronix Koal, Lakewakes something
So what did you think of the Koal and Lakewakes?

On topic - what about another slightly larger Inland Surfer? Blue Lake perhaps?

KG's Supra24
07-03-2012, 04:22 PM
I liked the Koal (Dusty wasn't as impressed). I thought it felt like a real mellow version of the Walker. They had similar tendency, the Walker just feels like its on crack compared to the Koal.

The Lakewakes I tried I can't remember the name of ... likely because I've called it the Lakewakes Door so many times. It was a solid board (not as fragile as the walker and koal) but wasn't as "fun" as the others. It was easy to ride, though. It just felt safer .... and like a door.

jmvotto
07-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Phase five. Is a skim board company. Should if you needs there.

http://towanza.com/

brain_rinse
07-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Phase five. Is a skim board company. Should if you needs there.

http://towanza.com/

I love my P5! Don't think you can go wrong there if you like skim.

spyder
07-10-2012, 11:45 AM
i'm running a longer surf board (IS Red Woody), but want a skim board.. i agree the yellow loogie likes to submarine.

wolfeman131
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Havent rode the new P5 Oogle yet, but love the new IS Contagious!

helix_rider
07-26-2012, 10:41 PM
On the same topic, I've been wakeboarding for 10 years, just bought a beautiful new BSide/Webb setup...used it once and then got a concussion. Unfortunately, this is #8 for me (3rd wakeboarding)...and the better part of wisdom says time to scale back the adrenaline hunt as I near 40. I want my daughter to grow up on the water, so wakesurfing or skiing seems the logical progression, and I have a Moomba Mobius LSV... not an ideal ski boat. I know it won't be the best wakesurf wake, but I figure I can get it up to 'go out and have a blast' standards, as that is where its at for wakeboarding as well.

I'm hoping that all I really need is a board, as all the other gear I already have for wakeboarding. Can someone give me feedback on the following Triple X boards, both value and quality. I'd like to not get entry level gear so I can grow into it, but am not sure about sinking the $$$ for the Inland Surfer or Soulcraft I've seen people using. Any and all feedback appreciated. Thanks. For reference, users of the board will vary from 130-180 pounds.

I was looking at the Composite Pro X for $289, probably the 54?

http://ultimatesportsonline.com/osc/wakesurfers-c-84.html

P.S. If anyone has a comparable value ($750+) wakesurf board or board+rack or board+cash,, I'd love to trade my 2012 Hyperlite BSide 140/System bindings Large/Webb boots size 10. Only used once, can't tell they are not new. Still have boxes, warranty cards, etc.