PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Board Popped Loose

rickmcd59
07-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I have a 2001 Moomba Kamberra - Last weekend the boat hit a big wave head on (it felt like the boat was dropped on the ground from about a 5 ft. height) and the circuit board popped loose from the backside of the instrument panel. This is the circuit board that is attached to the "bilge pump switch", the "blower switch" etc.

This is not the 1st time this has happened - it took me about an hour to get everything lined up ----- finally got the circuit board aligned and pushed in to reconnect to the switches.

Does anyone know of any way to secure the circuit board to the backside of the instument panel so that it doesn't pop loose when a big wave is hit?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Bobby
07-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Yup, same thing happened on my 2003 Mobius LSV. I built an aluminum bracket and used the bolts that hold the dash plate as the securing device. Went to Home Depot and bought some pipe insultaion ( the soft foam material) and stuffed it between the aluminum bracket and the dash pannel. This was a couple of months and about a hundred hours ago and so far so good.

EUSTACE
07-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Rick, This is from another post.

Originally posted by Eustace

I have had this happen before in rough water.

If you look under the dash behind your switches you will find a circuit board. It is basically in two pieces and what probably happened is that the smaller section has pulled off or loosened up on the stabs on the back of the main board.

Work it back on the stabs gently you do not want to flex either one of those board too much, and you should be back in business.

I used a tiny bungee cord to hold the setup together and haven’t had an issue since

Good luck, E

qb12
07-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Rick,

I had the same problem and I started a thread about it. I did what eustace said he did and it has worked great. Just bought a tiny bungee from warmart.

Hope that helps. It did me.

Doug, ttown

Naftel
08-27-2019, 09:57 AM
And where does one get a replacement when this circuit board is toast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk