PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Wolfe and other Sinclair regulars...

zlloyd1
06-26-2012, 09:12 PM
A friend and I have recently been discussing finding a place to rent on a regular basis or perhaps in the next few years purchase a lake house. We are really growing tired of the local lake as it is small, busy and full of Wally's, and the local river can be dangerous. Long story short, through a family friend of his an opportunity to purchase a house in Lake Sinclair has almost fallen into our lap. The house or double wide actually has largely been unused for the last few years and the grandfather and owner recently passed away and it appears the family wants it gone but have not yet listed it for sale. The price that we have talked about is considersbly cheap or we never consider as its almost 3 hours from home. The house is on dogwood drive toward the north end of the lake. So my questions for all of you are what things do I need to be on the lookout for about the lake? Or a lake house in general? Any areas that you personally would avoid? The houses around it seem really nice, the trailer is dated inside but seems structurally sound as a mobile home can be. Thanks for any advice.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-26-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm not the one to give advice on Sinclair but I am sure Drew will chime in here. But I have to add that I am giddy for your opportunity! You guys gotta be excited. Good luck with everything and hope it works out!

FamilyMatters
06-26-2012, 11:00 PM
My only input from playing on Sinclair lots, is that you can't go under the bridges without taking your tower down. Only affects you if you want to go up the west Arm past 441, toward Haslin's Marina and Twin Bridges Way. Main Lake and River are all open.
I Still love the lake and atmosphere!
Peace
Darren

wolfeman131
06-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Guess where I'm sitting right now, reading this? Yep, I'm at the lake. Love being here, but had to come down this evening (just got here) to get a contractor set straight.

I sent you a PM with my cell number and will answer all your questions. Probably more than you will really want to know.

zlloyd1
06-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the info guys, and you are definitely right about being excited. That's why I'm trying to ask questions and approach it with a level head. We actually found out about this property while sitting on the shore of our lake watching a 12 year old dive a jetski and a guy in a 30' ft plus cuddy cabin pull a tube, we later got in trouble for not being out of the water by the 7 pm curfew (even though it was because we helped load 2 broken down boats). And Wolfe Ive got a couple of long work days ahead of me but if I get a chance I'm gonna give you a call. Thanks again

KSmith
06-27-2012, 07:13 AM
^^^^^ What is the 7PM off the water curfew??????

wolfeman131
06-27-2012, 07:41 AM
if I get a chance I'm gonna give you a call. Thanks again

Feel free to call me anytime over the next 2 wks. Well, not at 5:30 in the morning! I need my beauty rest.

I hope you are planning to come to the Sinclair Jam?

in the bubble
06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
If its in Hancock county then expect the taxed to be super high even for inexpensive property.

Mark

wolfeman131
06-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Highest tax rate in GA.

zlloyd1
06-27-2012, 08:34 AM
It's a state park lake, and as the ranger told me those smaller boats want to run just as bad as you do. Ie already my warning twice this year but last Saturday we were at the ramp by 6:45 and had to help load everybody else's boats and we got yet another talking to, uh the lake doesn't open for boats over 10 hp til 11 am also. Ridiculous. I will check a little closer on the what county it's in, pretty sure the address they told me was a milledgeville address, but you have to cross 441 brides to get there.

KSmith
06-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Yikes! So if you have over 10HP boat you can't launch until 11AM and have to get out by 7PM? That sucks! Is that for all of Sinclair?

moombadaze
06-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Yikes! So if you have over 10HP boat you can't launch until 11AM and have to get out by 7PM? That sucks! Is that for all of Sinclair?

Not Sinclair, I think it was his local lake

zlloyd1
06-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Yes definitely meant the local lake here in southeast georgia

sandm
06-27-2012, 09:19 PM
there's talk of doing the same thing on one of our local lakes. it's a wildlife refuge now and gov't is supposed to release a plan to manage that this summer that will start next year. one of them is no motorized prior to noon and after 8.

I don't hang out there but it will drive a lot more traffic to my lake. sucks as it was a water storage shed LONG before it ever became a refuge. the birds showed up after the fact...

stupid govt..