PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard suggestions

volfo
06-26-2012, 12:33 PM
In the market for a new wakeboard. Currently have about a 5 year old Ronix Vault 144 with CWB Faction bindings that I think are 2009 or 2010 models. I like it fine, but the board is delaminating. I am 5'10", 185 and primarily wakeboard behind a Moomba Outback LS direct drive, with usually just a few hundred pounds of ballast. My skill level is probably on the low end of intermediate or high end of beginner. I can go wake to wake, slide, switch, etc. but not much else. I'm much less comfortable riding switch and can't go wake to wake switch or even anywhere close to it. Lots of good closeout deals out there, but I really don't know what to get. I want something that will launch my fat butt up in the air pretty good with a minimal wake, beyond that, I don't know much. I'd like to be able to use my existing bindings if possible. Any suggestions on the type of board to buy? I have no preconceived notions about what is good or bad (although I'm not thrilled about the Ronix delaminating with minimal light use).

tnbrooks01
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Im a big fan of the Liquid Force Trip 146 or the Hyperlite State 145.

motosno963
06-26-2012, 10:44 PM
i took the lam. of mine and painted the top of my board black..still good right now..plan on adding some stickers too