PDA

View Full Version : What Kinda Interior Lights to upgrade too

mmobius2001
07-11-2005, 03:59 PM
after being in the bigger wake boats and upper end brand names i really like the night lightning, w/ the front light in the bow and the lights that shine down threw the cupholders.

i have a 2004 LSV and this is my question:

i want to add lights for night, im thinking of a neon colored LED, 1 on each cupholder side (passenger/driver) i have a yellow boat but the dash lights are green you think green would look better? i think it might.

also im looking at the battery operated Truck Bed lights they sell on car sites that come in a pair only $20 and they could probably stick 1 in each v-drive compartment and when you open it at night have light to see all the gear in there and grab out whatever.

and i was saving my extra accessory switch for my heater that i know i will be putting in i think over the winter, and i dont want these lights on w/ the nav lights because i dont want them on all the time, so what are your thoughts there.

thanks.

waterboy
07-11-2005, 04:52 PM
I added turquoise LED lights to my interior last year, 3 on each side. I thought about the yellow too, with my boat being yellow but figured it'd look kinda weird. I'm glad I got the turquoise, looks great at night. I did wire mine to the navigation light switch since they draw very little power, leaving the other switches to use for fat sacks, etc.

Rugburn
07-13-2005, 10:31 PM
I added 3 neon tubes to my Moomba LSV. One over each set of cup holders and one under the dash. They are green and match the dash lights perfectly. I think no matter what the color of the boat (mine is black) I think it looks awesome when all the lights are the same color. Has anybody done any kind of lights in the bow area? I want to add something up there, perhaps near the cupholders or something.

atfloyd
07-18-2005, 10:21 AM
which neon tubes did you use and where can I get them?

wakeboard dad
07-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I'd be interested in the bar lights as well. I added the small yellow LEDs that you can get at PEP Boays but they are not bright enough.

mobiusLSV05
07-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Ive worked with a type of a lite that had a thick weather proof plastic around it, it seemed pretty rugged, but I cant remember if it was LED's or more like a Christmas tree lite, either way it was dlick stuff--a little pricey too.