PDA

View Full Version : Mojo factory front speakers only getting bass

wolfeman131
06-23-2012, 11:42 AM
My daughters clued me in this morning that the bow speakers weren't working. I figured one of them had messed with the fader. Adjusted to center but best I got was a little bass.

Looks like all speakers run thru amp. Top 4 in the pic are marked for the bow.

Any ideas?

E4NASH
06-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Time for some Wetsounds!

Check the crossover maybe it got switched to low pass...would be strange for just the tweeters to go out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
06-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh man, Im dying for my wetsounds system. But, that new fridge & dishwasher ate up some of my stereo funds. :(

04OUTBACK
06-24-2012, 12:11 AM
C'mon drew spend now. Save later. Kids won't mind.

MLA
06-24-2012, 08:20 AM
First thing I would do is inspect the amp settings to make sure that the cross-over filter for the bow speakers, which I would think would be "Amp-1", is not set to low-pass. Its odd to have two speakers with no highs (inop tweeter) on the same half of the amp. Could be both tweeters or could be amp. You could swap one of the bow speakers with one thats working normally and see if the highs are still missing, as well at what the known good speaker sounds like plugged up to where the bow was. At this point, you've pretty much narrowed it down and can let the dealer know what it needs.

jmvotto
06-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Swap the rcas and see if the "bass only" moves to the cabins. Then it's your amp setting, if not , you got two blown tweeters.

wolfeman131
06-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks everyone! Heading down to the boat now to try and figure it out and install my ballast upgrade.

wolfeman131
06-24-2012, 11:26 AM
First thing I would do is inspect the amp settings to make sure that the cross-over filter for the bow speakers, which I would think would be "Amp-1", is not set to low-pass.

That was it! One little switch on the side of the amp that I couldn't see until I crawled in there. Thanks again for the assistance!