PDA

View Full Version : Lsv oil level too high

spyder
06-23-2012, 08:31 AM
So I got my winterization last fall and looking over the boat for all the usual I notced the oil is a good inch over the max fill line. Should I drain some before I take it for a run or should I start it and see if it drops?

james yarosz
06-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Start it,the level will drop.

spyder
06-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Start it,the level will drop.
Well it did drop. But it's still maybe 1/4" over the max fill

KSmith
06-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Is the boat level when you are checking the oil? It could be the dealer didn't run the engine after draining the old oil and filling with new, so it may lower when you run it and fill the remote oil filter & lines. On the other hand keep an eye on the pressure. Once you run it for a bit check again if it is still and inch over the max fill line I'd remove some.

spyder
06-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Is the boat level when you are checking the oil? It could be the dealer didn't run the engine after draining the old oil and filling with new, so it may lower when you run it and fill the remote oil filter & lines. On the other hand keep an eye on the pressure. Once you run it for a bit check again if it is still and inch over the max fill line I'd remove some.
In the water level, after running it gracefully for like 5 minutes or so. It still shows overfilled by just over 1/4". I guess I should remove some. So I just unscrew the brass end of that drain hose? How much do u think I'd actually have to remove?

kaneboats
06-24-2012, 02:40 AM
I'd only remove about 4 oz. at a time and then run it and check it again.

spyder
06-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I removed a bit, it's still a bit over the line. But its getting harder to get more out of the drain line. Oil press ure is between 60-80 aunder heavy load, around 40 or just under on idle.

KSmith
06-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Sounds like it should be just fine now with those pressures.

skiyaker
06-24-2012, 11:32 AM
crazy dealers- same thing happened to mine. pressure was up in the 80s under moderate load- I tried to convince myself it would be OK but after reading Indmars bulletin regarding this issue I decided to remove some. Kind of a PITA without an extractor and cold oil. I think my wife was convinced I was just out in the garage to get away from her.