PDA

View Full Version : New Owner Ski Locker Question

rca
06-22-2012, 06:30 PM
OK the question is how do you remove the fitting that holds the piston rod to the storage locker. There has to be an easy way but I didn't see it on the boat today. One of my rods came unscrewed today and I need to get it back on.

Thanks

Ron

KSmith
06-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Are you talking about the pressurized struts that hold open the rear lockers? If so are you saying the rod came unscrewed from the black fittings on the end? If so why not just screw it back on? But if you want to disconnect the struts from the mounting plates there is a metal band that encircles the plastic end fittings, on the back there is a flat sopt under the band, put a screw driver under the band at the flat sop and pry on it gently and pull the fitting away from the mounting plate. Pry gently or the band will fly off and disappear. If it does fly off you'll notice there are grooves in the plastic fitting you can slide it back on and it'll snap into place.

rca
06-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks Kraig, that's what I was asking. It looked to me like the threads on the rod were the same direction so I wouldn't be able to screw both ends back in at the same time, thus the need to remove one. I'll look at it closer.

Thanks

wolfeman131
06-23-2012, 01:10 AM
This would happen on the port locker of my OBV. Kraigs explained exactly what you need to do to fix it.

rca
06-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Port locker of my LSV.

Thanks

moombadaze
06-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Port locker of my LSV.

Thanks

happens on my port locker sometimes