PDA

View Full Version : Tundra Owners-Parts FS

Hoopskier
06-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Attention Toyota Tundra owners, I have some parts for sale that I am hoping some one maybe interested in. I have a 3/1 lift kit for sale and a set of front door speaker adapter plates. I would prefer to sell both together.

The speaker plates are from TacoTunes. Allow you to put standard 6x9 speakers in the front doors. Including adapter wire harness connects so you dont have to cut the OEM stuff off.

The lift kit is 3/1 lift. I purchased it from Ebay, but then went a different route. It was installed, and then taken out. I did use the front differential drop from the kit, so it is not included. A diff drop can be purchased easily, and cost is $30, but your responsibility.

Price for all, $70 plus $15 for shipping (usps flat rate), so $85 total.

This is the lift kit, (told is does not fit Rock Warrior)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-Toyota-Tundra-3-1-Complete-Lift-Leveling-Kit-PRO-/300680234003?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ATundra&hash=item4601f04413&vxp=mtr
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt201/hoopskier/DSC05265.jpg

This is the speaker plates;
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt201/hoopskier/DSC04332.jpg

E4NASH
06-21-2012, 08:18 AM
I really need the speaker plates but don't need the lift kit...already have one. If you are willing to separate them I will take the plates off your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoopskier
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I can seperate, I sent you a PM

chawk610
06-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Ok... what is the deal with the lift kit... I don't know much about them??? I have an '07 TRD

jpetty3023
06-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Lift is easy money, it's the rims and tires that hurt the bank acct

Sent from my home phone..

E4NASH
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
It's a spacer that goes on top of the strut in the front. The rear is a 1 inch block. I have the TRD too and with the one inch in the rear it kinda brings the back end up a little, not quite level. With the trailer in its about perfect. They say the TRDs should use the 2.5 in the front. But then pulling the boat you'd be saggin pretty bad.

jpetty3023
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Here's the last two I played with

E4NASH
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Nice! I want to scrap the 3/1 and go with a 6inch...wife is against it but that's why she has HER car!

jpetty3023
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Nice! I want to scrap the 3/1 and go with a 6inch...wife is against it but that's why she has HER car!

haha, I'm rolling on the floor laughing when i read that cause that's the same thing I said to the T BUT..... Now I'm
driving and armada with a third row seat and some other dudes are enjoying my rigs

chawk610
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Bummer on that... great looking rides! I hope you at least have the built in DVD so ELMO can comfort you! :)

I have the standard 18" wheels with new rubber. I better just stay like I am. New tires 'bout put me in the pour house (I had to pour beers to chase my blues away)!

jpetty3023
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah no Elmo, kids are a little old for him nowadays but some silly justin beiber movie always seems to be playin

E4NASH
06-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Anytime we get in the Truck my 2 year old says repeatedly..."I wanna watch Woody...I wanna watch Woody..." She REALLY likes Toy Story 3...

E4NASH
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Lift is easy money, it's the rims and tires that hurt the bank acct

That is exactly why I don't have mine yet!! I'm waiting for these Factory ATs to need replacing before I fork out the $2100 or so on a new set of rims and tires. 20' Chrome Gear Recoils and 33' Nitto Terra Graps are in my future. I'm trying to talk myself into sticking with 18's as its a little easier on the account because I could do it in phases but it's not working out too well...I figure I will always wish I went with 20's if I just stick with 18's.

Cigars n scotch
06-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Here's the last two I played with

I love the second one! Nice!

You can always go with bilstein 5100's which will level out the stock rake in a truck. I have them. I would REALLY LOVE a BDS 4 inch lift but I am not spending 5k on my truck with that and the new rims/tires I am getting this winter.

E4NASH
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I love the second one! Nice!

You can always go with bilstein 5100's which will level out the stock rake in a truck. I have them. I would REALLY LOVE a BDS 4 inch lift but I am not spending 5k on my truck with that and the new rims/tires I am getting this winter.

What settings do you have your Billsteins on? I thought of getting them but went with the Spacer and Block instead.

Cigars n scotch
06-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I have it on the middle setting and it's just right. I did a lot of reading on TundraSolutions between the Bilsteins and a lift kit or blocks and a good majority of people liked the bilsteins better as the ride changed a bit with the kit/blocks making it a rougher ride. Plus I got a hell of a deal for all 4 front and rears from AJUSA.

It levels out the rake perfectly IMO.

Hoopskier
06-21-2012, 07:37 PM
I went with the spacer and blocks the first time around, and this was an impluse buy. I wasnt aware of the Bilstiens and the adjustable front ride height feature at the time. I installed the spacer and blocks, but just wasnt happy with the ride height or stance. Especially since the truck has newer tires, OEM size, and I didnt want to change.

I tried the best I could with the spacer and blocks to find what I wanted. I took the rear blocks out and ran just the fronts. According to a tape measure the truck was level then. However, I quickly found that Tundra look nose up when perfectly level. The nose up look was worse with the boat. So out came the front spacers too.

Then I went with the Bilstiens. I have the fronts on the middle setting as well. Happy with the stance (loaded and unloaded) and ride. I kept the front differential drop from the old lift kit in. It is supposedly not needed with the lower levels of lift, but I figure it wouldnt hurt. At least these are not to bad to change, as I do my own work except alignment.

The speaker plates are sold.

It was suggested to me that we could or should start a "Tundra Owners" or something similar thread for conversation and/or pics, is seems there are a few of us. Similar to the Duramax/Diesel guys. I'll let some else start if they want.