PDA

View Full Version : I just can't understand this type of behavior...

KSmith
06-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Two boats involved in a accident in Lanier. One child dead, one child missing. Driver of the at fault boat hits and runs. WTF, what sort of mental deficiency do you have to ram your boat into a pontoon boat full of people and you run the f away? If I had been a witness from my boat I'd chased your azz down and beat you senseless and left you hog tied for the po po.

If I thought I could help I'd be on Lanier looking for a damaged center console boat, but I expect he has it pulled out by now...

Can anyone explain to me WTF is wrong with these people?

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/1-child-killed-1-1460391.html

patrick232
06-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Accidents happen and the suck when they do. But to leave accident and try to get away makes my blood boil. I hope they never let them back on the water or even out of jail.

Currently dealing with a very minor car door into fender accident. Lady knew she hit the car with her door, knows who I am and just left. Not a sorry or any thing. Now I have a 2012 SRX with a dent in the front fender from her door. They worst part is I have to see this person three times a week since our kids play on the same team and I don't want to make things worse. Just wish people could do the right thing. Sorry for my rant

wolfeman131
06-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Kraig - I can't freaking believe that! Just shaking my head in disbelief & anger. Link reads like they have a suspect, but that family will be devasted. This is another example of why my wife refuses to boat after dark. I just about had her convinced a few years ago that we could handle it when a bass boat cut basically cut a small, aluminum fishing boat in 1/2 going an estimated 60 mph on Sinclair at 2:30 am. Guy was drunk and never stopped until he got to the ramp, unloaded and raced home.

KSmith
06-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Seems they have made an arrest. Here's a pic of the pontoon boat

moombadaze
06-19-2012, 09:11 AM
"One child dead, one child missing"

prayers to the parents

KG's Supra24
06-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Terrible story ... infuriating he would leave.

dusty2221
06-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Wow. I can't imagine the pain the family is in dealing with this. Hoping they find this low life....

jpetty3023
06-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Terrible story. Thoughts and prayers to the family involved, may God help them
find peace

Sent from my home phone..

jmvotto
06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Justice will never help them recover from this senseless act, what a horrible story and prayers to the family and the ones lost. makes me sick.....

mmandley
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Yea i am feeling the same as the rest of you.

I do however have to say im quite shocked the News guy said they will be looking for the DEAD TEEN this morning. I thought you were sopposed to hold hope untill the Search crews said the search has ended or they find a dead body?

Yes that family will be devistated losing both kids at the same time, and if its there only kids..wow..

ChrisK
06-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Unbelievable how many idiots there are. The guy that rear-ended me at the sandbar could have just as easily run over a child or two playing in the two feet of water he was driving in, and I'm fairly certain if his wife hadn't flown out of the boat he wouldn't have stopped either. Scary stuff, prayers for the family...

sandm
06-19-2012, 11:39 AM
absolutely amazing. brings back that story of the guy on havasu in arizona that was ran over by the cig. boat that never stopped..

I feel for the parents out enjoying a nice day on the lake and ends like that..

E4NASH
06-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Looks like they caught the guy about 2.5 hours later at 1:30 AM...WASTED. Such a terrible and unexcusable thing to happen!! I can't even imagine what its like to be that family right now...HORRIBLE. There is no just punishment for something like this...so avoidable!

zroutt
06-19-2012, 03:50 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family involved in this tragedy, no words or justice can fill the loss that they are going through now.

After witnessing similar and absolutely idiotic behaviors on the water the last few weekends, it is any wonder why there is no more patrol, no boating education in our area. My wife fell behind us on a wakeboard and two jetski's come tearing across our wake as I slow down to turn around, within 20-30 feet of my wife but between her and our boat, like they were trying to jump our rope as it was trailing behind us. My uncle was with me in the boat, we did one of the only power turns I have ever done and gave those two guys a piece of our mind. My heart and adrenaline was pounding so hard, my uncle was tripping over the words as they came out of his mouth. They sat there on their jetskis and sincerely apologized. However even then I was not satisfied.

This was the third time in 2 weeks that somebody has come too dang close to us trying to jump our wakes.

I believe there should be more water sports education at some level that should be mandated when registering your vehicles for the state. We live in SD, and all we do is register, they give you a little pamphlet on the rules of waterways and send them on their way.

bergermaister
06-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the family - so terrible. I can't imagine facing that kind of loss. I hate these kind of stories and it seems like every year you hear at least a few.

Zroutt - I say power turn the hell out of it to protect your rider down in the water. Seems like I have to do that a few times each year unfortunately.

And have one of your riders put the camera to good use if you can.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k414/grberglund/MoombaMobiusV/P1070924.jpg

Then after you pick up your crew, you go hunt the bastard down and give them a piece of your mind. Hell, even catch up with the river patrol and report them being reckless if you get the chance.

I'm hoping that the mic going through the tower speakers works really good on this EQ because I know there will be times I'm going to be screaming profanities and threats at lake lice or other boneheads getting too close to me or my riders.

We have a requirement now for a boater's license in WA that is slowly being implemented over several years based on your age. One time deal; take the test and you are good for life. Way to easy to cheat on it though if one is inclined.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Read this story today. What an absolute horrible human being this person must be. No excuse to have such low moral fortitude that you believe it is alright to run away from an accident that you caused. I am surprised I can still be shocked at some of the low lifes that pollute our society. Unbelievable.

Be careful out there guys and gals.

E4NASH
06-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Update...just heard that this dude got bonded out of jail...REALLY??!?!! I HATE drunk drivers!

If those had been my kids they'd have to put me in jail and I'd gladly go because I'd end his miserable existence with the quickness!

I really think that if you cause an accident when you are BUI/DUI and you kill or severely injure someone you should lose you license FOREVER, no bail, and 25 year minimum jail sentence! There is NO excuse!

Furthermore if you get busted DUI/BUI I think first offense should be 1 year loss of license mandatory plus HEFTY fines. Second offense, 1 year in prison MANDATORY and 5 year loss of license. 3rd offense 5 years in prison and lose license FOREVER, NO exceptions!

As far as prison terms go I'd rather there be chronic DUI offenders in jail and off the streets then some small time non violent drug dealers/users..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E4NASH
06-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Ok this is getting crazy now! My wife just told me that while standing in one of her patients room, the news was on and apparently there has been another boating accident! 18 year old guy was drunk and ran the boat straight into the beach. Can't find any details about it on the Channel 2 news site yet but thought I would share...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
06-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Looks like random boardings by the LEOs on the water and checks at the docks will be next.

zabooda
06-20-2012, 02:54 AM
As part of the dive rescue, it saddens me to see this happening and it happens more than it should. If we discount the fact the guy was drunk there are some things boaters can do to keep themselves safe at night. The nav lights on a boat can be difficult to see and the captain should always have a high powered light readily available to get the other boaters attention.

Understand the requirements of the stand-on vessel and the give-way vessel. If you don't understand those terms then learn them otherwise you will be confused when ticketed or watching testimony in court. Understand the give-way vessel must take action to stay clear of the other vessel and the stand-on vessel has the responsibility to maintain course and speed during this action unless an accident is imminent. When you are overtaken with adequate distance as the stand-on vessel you cannot speed up or slow down nor make any turns. When you are head on with another vessel both vessels are give-way vessels and both must indicate their intentions.

Carry a GPS as many of them have a man overboard feature, learn how to use it. The cell phone is another handy device that can give law enforcement your location. With the Lake Lanier accident they can get the location if someone on the boat called 911 and divers should find the body within a 50 foot radius of the mark.

Make yourself visible at night and avoid traveling into the sun simply by waiting for the sun to go below the horizon.

http://www.boatingbasicsonline.com/content/general/6_2_b2.php

KSmith
06-20-2012, 07:19 AM
^^^^^ Good words those. Thanks!

KSmith
06-20-2012, 07:29 AM
^^^^^ Good words those. Thanks!

chawk610
06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
That boating basics link is good stuff. Everyone should know this...unfortunately, sounding your horn at someone to show intent will prolly lead to the finger from the other boat :)

NCSUmoomba
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
This is really unfortunate. I think, however, that we may be perpetuating incorrect terminology which may cause these events to be taken not a serious as they could be...

I have a problem with the term "accident." In my opinion, there is no such thing as an "accident." For any incident like this to occur, someone, somewhere, has to do something stupid and irresponsible.

Even the small door dings aren't "accidents." Someone is not paying attention to what they are doing and disrespecting someone else's property. Now they might not be doing it with malicious intent, but let's call it what it is.

It may sound like semantics, but for me it is very important to be responsible for one's actions, and they be held responsible for any consequences of those actions.