PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlite Broadcast

tnbrooks01
06-17-2012, 10:17 AM
I know nothing about the wake surfing scene and have never done it before but we wanted to find something else to do in the middle of the day between wakeboarding sets when all the tubers and such get going. I found and purchased what appears to be a really good deal on the new closeout 2011 Hyperlite Broadcast 5,6" board. Just curious of opinions of this board for beginners. Is this size a good size overall for the family to just have one board since we are just looking to play around?

KG's Supra24
06-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Should work great. It and the cwb ride seem to be the go-to boat boards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

E4NASH
06-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I have both a CWB Ride and a Hyperlite Broadcast 4'8. I am 6'2 208 pounds. My brother in-law is about 6'3 and 185 and he too preferred the shorter board. He got up and went ropeless on his second try. I could never get it on the CWB Ride. Drew hooked me up with the Broadcast and it's a night and day difference. After learning on the Broadcast I finally was able to go ropeless on the Ride. To me, compared to the Broadcast, the Ride is big, slow, and heavy. It handles like a tank! It is stable though. I would definitely recommend the Broadcast it's a fun board.

Yesterday I tried out a XXX Skimboard and I think that is now my favorite of the 3...not something I would want to learn on though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
E4 ... I agree the broadcast is big and slow, but easily surfable. Try pulling the fin and rain x the bottom. It will help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

E4NASH
06-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Oh I can do it no problem now. I was just saying it was easier to learn on the broadcast for me. I will try and Rain-x the bottom and see if that helps for the others who try and ride it because right now I'm the only one who can.

What fins do you recommend pulling? I pulled the one in the nose a long time ago so right now it has the 3 in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
06-18-2012, 12:50 PM
It's fun to ride the Broadcast with only the center rear fin. But, it's probably even more fun to ride it with just the two outer ones in and the center one removed. I also love the triplex skim. Lots of slippery fun to ride.

KG's Supra24
06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
What fins do you recommend pulling? I pulled the one in the nose a long time ago so right now it has the 3 in the back.

I will have to see what we ended up pulling. I know we pulled the rear center. Can't remember on the others.

jmvotto
06-18-2012, 01:53 PM
RainX, does that really work???

KG's Supra24
06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
The theory makes sense.

My experience is 2nd hand as I rarely ride the board. He complained it was feeling slow but he wasn't ready for the next step up. I looked around the garage and that's what I came up with. He said the next weekend it made a difference.