PDA

View Full Version : IBS in XLV

Boonejeepin
06-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Has anyone stuffed one in? There is some sort of "wall board" that worries me. Not sure if it will go through the nose compartment.

Or is the gravity games ski locker bag the best choice?

mmandley
06-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Honestly with your location i would take the boat to Wake Makers and talk with Spencer. Or at least call him. He will set you straight.

I got that extra 400 we talked about if you want still. I happened to run across it this past weekend moving stuff from the garage to the new storage shed out back

jmvotto
06-15-2012, 05:28 PM
I'll let you know I got the 1180 bag at it goes all the way to the bow I will try and snap a few pics this weekend

maxpower220
06-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I thought this would be a thread on Irritable Bowl Syndrome while boating, and how to deal with it. Here I wanted to see a porta potty in an XLV, like the MC X-80.

mmandley
06-16-2012, 11:22 AM
I thought this would be a thread on Irritable Bowl Syndrome while boating, and how to deal with it. Here I wanted to see a porta potty in an XLV, like the MC X-80.

My buddy has IBS pretty bad, he makes sure the night before and day of boating he doesnt eat anything questionalble. But i can tell you a couple times after boating we went out to eat, and i made a lot of stops on the way home for him.

Last year on the way home from LBC in the middle of the desert he had to go, looked pretty strange, F350 - LSV - Suburban all pulled over the side of the highway. 6ft 5 guy hidding behind a Joshua tree taking care of buiss. Hes lucky Claudia makes me carry a roll of TP in the glove box for such cases LOL

Boonejeepin
06-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Oh my......

Cigars n scotch
06-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Man that would be horrible to deal with. Mike what are the dimensions of that 400? Is it short or long like the GIII stock bags?

mmandley
06-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Man that would be horrible to deal with. Mike what are the dimensions of that 400? Is it short or long like the GIII stock bags?

Long ones like the GIII

Boonejeepin
07-28-2012, 07:41 PM
I now have a 400 under each bow seat. I tapped into the unused fitting on the top of the factory ski locker bag and t-d a line to each bag as a fill and drain line to each under bow seat bag. These lines pass through holes in the upper seperation wall for the ski locker that I drilled. I also t-d into the vent line very close to the thru hull vent fitting to vent the two 400 bags and added a check valve to help with draining.

I was worried that it would not drain well but after a test run it works just fine. Leaves almost no water in the bags.

The only problem is that it takes forever to fill the 1450 lbs (or whatever it has room for). I've reset the timer to accommodate. There is no issue with filling or draining it just takes a long time to move that much water.

I am now waiting on a selectible Y valve to show up in the mail that will be plumbed into the rt side v-drive locker pump (jabsco reversible pump). One position on the y valve fills the v-drive locker bag, the other way goes to my new "multi purpose line". I ran a fill/drain line to the void area above the port side cup holders and speakers. I have several feet of line tucked in there that I can pull out to fill the 600lb bag that I place on the port side seats for surfing or wherever there is a movable bag that needs to be filled. This will eliminate the need for my hand pump hanging over the side and eliminate the headache of making sure that it is primed and that it stays primed to drain the movable bag. An added bonus is that the rt ballast switch controls that line and I don't have to fumble with a 12 v plug in.

I found this flush mount valve for $32 with shipping.

http://www.seaboundsupply.com/bosworth-94-sea-lect-y-valve-1.html

I'll post some pics when the Y valve comes in and is installed. I have everything in place at this point except for the y valve. Just need to mount it and connect the three hoses that are in place.

mmandley
07-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I use 2 of those valve from my V drive and under seat bags. There pretty sweet, Wake Makers sells them as well.

Cost a bit more.

http://www.wakemakers.com/bosworth-y-valve.html

Boonejeepin
07-30-2012, 06:40 PM

Y valve sends water to rt v drive locker bag or to my "multi purpose" hose.

jester
07-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Looks nice. Now no more throwing a pump overboard and having a bit of water spill out. Also the hose it a bit short for flooding other boats that get too close.

Boonejeepin
07-30-2012, 08:02 PM
I can pull about 5-6 feet out of the sidewall compartment. Only partially pulled out for the pic.

I will have to get a nozzle to reach the other boats.