PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mobius gravity 3 ballast is automatically filling itself.

jamespyne
06-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Some of my ballast bags are filling itself (mostly the front one). All the sprinkler valve switches are turned to the off position. What else might cause this issue?

KSmith
06-12-2012, 07:09 AM
You may have smomething caught in the valve that is holding it open, or perhaps the value is shot and needs replaced.

kaneboats
06-12-2012, 10:09 AM
If you are going to keep the sprinkler valve system, consider getting some of these as replacements. Very easy to change out and much better product:

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-700-Series-Valves-s/433.htm

Or you can go to Home Depot and get Orbit replacements a little cheaper and have the same problems again.

dbishop
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
If you are going to keep the sprinkler valve system, consider getting some of these as replacements. Very easy to change out and much better product:

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-700-Series-Valves-s/433.htm

Has someone written the little "3 stages of Gravity III repair FAQ" with all the options in one place?

I'm thinking of something like this: Your Gravity III system is broken? Fills by itself? Needs to be primed at 20MPH? Takes too long to fill/empty? Here are your options:

0. Remove the entire ballast system & regain all your storage. Free, but you can't surf, and the biggest air you can get is X. Just use the wake plate to control the wake and be happy.
1. Least expensive. Replace sprinkler valves with Irritrol 700s. You'll also need 3 of adapter XYZ. This will stop the "fills by itself problem."
2. Next-most-expensive. Replace pumps w/ reversible pumps & install check valves. This will allow you to fill slightly faster, but it'll still take M minutes.
3. Next hardest but same $ as 2. Do 2 but make vented loops.
4. remove the sprinkler valves. add 1 new thru-hull. plumb 2x Tsunami 1200 GPH pumps to the new thru-hull for the rear bags. use the remainder of the original system for the front bag
5. Most expensive; 2 additional thru-hulls; basically complete replacement except the bags: remove the single 500GPH pump and valve system. Replaced them with 3 1200GPH Tsunami Pumps and 3 1" scuppers. Add 3 vented loops to the plumbing.

How close am I to the master list? I was thinking of this like car upgrades where they go in stages: stage 1 is just intake. stage 2 is maybe exhaust, too. stage 3 is adding a turbo as well.