PDA

View Full Version : Thanks -- Exile (Brian)

Bbarri2
06-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I recently purchased my first boat, and have begun stereo upgrades over the past month or two. Truth be told I have never before considered Exile Audio components, just due to their being out of my particular range of affordability. I must say that changed as of today.

I have been having a few issues with my factory amp/amps cutting off and back on, even with the boat running/charging, and have been chasing my tail for the past few weeks. After reading all of the positive information on here and other sites about Exile Audio, I decided to call and see if they’ve seen similar problems.

Short-version – Brian answered the phone and spent 20+ minutes helping walk me through a few potential sources of my problems, how to troubleshoot them to see what the cause was, and what the solution would be from that point. Now he knew I’ve never spent a penny with Exile, yet still took the time/effort to help me get me on my way to fixing the problem(s). Because of this, when I look to purchase any more stereo equipment in the future, I will go to Exile first.

I do not in any way mean this against any of the other audio companies on here, as I am sure they all have great equipment and customer service as well. I simply want to complement Exile, and especially Brian, for taking the time to help me solve the issue and get back out on the water having fun.

Thanks guys!

Brad

wolfeman131
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Nice! It's great when vendors step up to help.

motosno963
06-11-2012, 03:22 PM
i have rockford fosgates in my boat, when ur out on the water wakeboarding you cant really hear the music unless the volume is turned up almost all the way, and thats loud for the people in the boat. So i might just go with Exile tower speakers and EQ for my boat since everyone loves them on here

sandm
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
fwiw motosno, I have all fosgate amps and for the money, they rock, but there are much better brands of speakers out there for your boat as it relates to inboat and tower speakers. consider exile for your tower speakers and get an eq to control the balance between boat/tower and you will notice a huge difference.

exile will be on my short list when it comes time to buy some new boat speakers. Brian rocks....

motosno963
06-11-2012, 04:07 PM
thats what my plan is..i dished out all that money for the amps, speakers and sub and i think ill just swap out the towers for xm7's and move the rock marine speakers that are on top to the spots in the boat since some of the rocks in the boat are not marine speakers...oohh and get the EQ..and i think my rockford amp died on me for my sub so i might as well pick up a Exile amp while im at it

jpetty3023
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
thats what my plan is..i dished out all that money for the amps, speakers and sub and i think ill just swap out the towers for xm7's and move the rock marine speakers that are on top to the spots in the boat since some of the rocks in the boat are not marine speakers...oohh and get the EQ..and i think my rockford amp died on me for my sub so i might as well pick up a Exile amp while im at it

Sounds like your gonna hold on to the boat for a bit!

motosno963
06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
lol i dont know anymore.. there is a 2006 super air nautique for sale about 40 mins from me but the dealer wants like 47G for it, i also want to hold on to my boat this summer to see how she does because last summer was a total wash with one day of going out and about 600$ of parts..and then i want to just sell her and pay off my loans..idk what to do anymore lol...sorry OP for stealing ur thread

Bbarri2
06-11-2012, 09:57 PM
No worries at all...discussion like this is what it's all about. I said what I needed to about Exile and Brian lol so what y'all do with the thread from here is ok with me... as long as it's Pro-Exile :)

jmvotto
06-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah, Brian he is ok and i guess his company is alright.....

Nope they both Freaking ROCK, in service and gear. Keep up the great work.:o

moto youve been down to Seager Marine looking at notiques

jpetty3023
06-11-2012, 11:01 PM
moto youve been down to Seager Marine looking at notiques

Yikes!!

Sent from my home phone..

jmvotto
06-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Yikes!!

????? Not sure what you are referng to exile or the notiques.

Brian's service and gear have been great, so I was paying him a compliment.

04OUTBACK
06-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Brian's a good dude and knows his stuff
Got 4 exiles on tower and 2 exile amps and a sub. Planning on the exile eq as well

One thing I have learned from getting this boat already all setup is having plenty of power is more about quality than volume

jpetty3023
06-11-2012, 11:35 PM
????? Not sure what you are referng to exile or the notiques.

Brian's service and gear have been great, so I was paying him a compliment.

I was referring to the nautique shopping not Brian and his sturdy balls

Brianinpdx
06-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Brad - and all you guys. I appreciate the kind words. I sorta stumbled upon this tonight. Not really sure how old this thread is. But hey, It's been fun to get to know all you guys. I can't say that I get to be on the front lines all the time these days as It's more a rarity that I answer the phones, but I do enjoy it. I love rapping about audio. And it really don't matter if its Exile gear or not. I'll help anyone with any question. Sure the world goes around with sales, but I get a kick outta everyones excitement on their upgrades across the board - lights, boards, sacks, audio. You name it.

It really stokes me when I see guys that move from some junk stereo and into some decent gear. When I get that email, mail, text or whatever... and the guy is super pumped with the results.. It's what keeps me into it. This year, I'll be working around the country and may just turn up at your local lake for a pull, a beverage or some dock side chat with you guys. The skiers choice forum is a great bunch of REAL people. Thanks for your support.

Sincerely

-Brian / Exile

sandm
06-27-2012, 08:34 AM
you better slide through boise on your way. we are on the way to everywhere.....

well, not really, but show up and you'll have a cold beer in a moomba coozie waiting and a pull when you are ready :)

jmvotto
06-27-2012, 10:41 AM
upstate ny you better call me....

jmvotto
07-10-2012, 08:18 AM
You are lucky.I think it really happen rarely .

Spammer....