PDA

View Full Version : Updated underwater transom lighting

mikemork
06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Added the 2 additional lights on the weekend, so here's what I've got so far.

14849; 14846; 14847; 14848; 14845

The 2 additional lights are still below the water line, and punching the whole through the transom was still contained within the storage compartment, just above the ballast bag feed lines.

Was then able to tie the wiring to the back side of the ballast bag feed lines to keep them out of sight for other than a small wire coming through inside.

This was the flatest surface that existed on the transom in order to maximize straight out light dispersion. The are just slightly off 90 degrees hence why they are not as straight as the centre.

Then tied into the existing wiring that was in place for the first light, and "voila" (that's french).

Thought about other locations, but the centre light is already quite bright so wanted to create a larger area of light.

Night pictures forthcoming after July long weekend.

Until then...

2008 LSV
Lumitech SeaBlaze 3
Amphibian Pro A6

bzubke1
06-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Looks awesome, should light up the wave nicely if you want to do some night surfing.

jmvotto
06-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Nice looking leds never noticed the mobvone on the back.

Cigars n scotch
06-12-2012, 07:05 PM
this install I really like. Those two oval looking likes on the port and starboard side of the transom are very nice. much better profile than something else I've seen. I'm interested to see your night pictures, bet it looks great. Have any pictures of the actual holes you drilled for each light?

Justin
2008 Supra 21V
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikemork
06-13-2012, 07:44 PM
It's just a 3/8 hole like the manufacturer recommends. Sorry no picture of it. Very simple install.

Hopefully night pictures coming in 2 weeks.

motosno963
06-13-2012, 08:19 PM
were you crying when you drilled some holes into the back of your boat? or were you slightly intox and said " F*#& IT, lets do this" haha

mikemork
06-20-2012, 12:20 PM
All of the above.

It's like beating your child. Sometimes it needs to be done, but you hate to do it...(that was humour)

SupraLaunch21V
06-10-2013, 03:53 PM
All,
I've been clicking on every UW LED thread from Supra to Moomba and this is the best picture I could find to ask my question.
I have a 2008 Supra Launch 21V and I would like to put my UW LED in the same Port / Starboard location as the Moomba above ( MikeMork ). But in my access area ( next to the motor ) doesn't go below the waterline. Was this the case with the installation above and what modification was needed to run the wires to this location?

Appreciate the input!

chawk610
06-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Greatness... Mobyone!!!!

mikemork
07-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes the Supra has a different transom design than what the Moomba has. If I recall your is a lot flatter. It was pure luck that it works for the Moomba, as my alternate solution was to have to drill into the hull and then up into the storage lockers.

But double check as I was quite surprised how deep the lockers were and that it actually was below the water line. Definitely a 2 person job to help make these steps easier. Probably a 2 beer job to do this step.

WHMOJO
08-15-2013, 12:02 AM
I couldn't help notice your plate... Did you get these locally in AB, or did you have to bring them in?

Henri3
08-31-2013, 11:42 PM
Where did you get your lights from? Are you happy with them so far? Thanks

mikemork
09-06-2013, 04:18 PM
I bought all of my lights on line. More cost effective than we can get them for in Canada.

And yes, beyond happy.

Was out last weekend and pulling a water skier, and the wake created by the prop wash was all blue. So even looks great at higher speeds.

I will try and add more pictures, but as you know they just don't seem to turn out as good as the final result actually looks.

As always, my apologies for slow responses.

Henri3
09-10-2013, 02:37 PM
What kind are they? I have been looking at life forms and the x600 marine lights from bulletlines, any suggestions?