PDA

View Full Version : Bullets bitten

chawk610
06-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Well, we did it. We have rented a slip at our favorite little marina. They are putting a lift in for us and we are having a deck built in front of where the boat will be. I will post some pics as we get some "creature" comforts added to it. The biggest deal is me not having to work my butt off in the evening after a long weekend at the lake stowing the boat in the garage. Anything I should be on the lookout for? This will be our first time doing something like this.

Oh yea, I got a Liquid Force Trip for my birthday! Pretty good weekend I would say!

Pic of the wife skiing!

dusty2221
06-11-2012, 09:56 AM
No pics of the slip or the trip? What, are you new or something?

chawk610
06-11-2012, 10:04 AM
HEY! :) Those are pics of my wife from Sunday. There is nothing to take a pic of yet. Once they get the lift moved and we get some lights and stuff... I will post pics. The cool part is our inlaws are our neighbors so we have gotten to know the others in the surrounding slips. Should be some good times this summer.

kaneboats
06-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Anything I should be on the lookout for?

Yeah! Some smoother water when the wife is going to ski.

chawk610
06-11-2012, 10:47 AM
LOL... right! Lewisville, busy weekend. She is good enough to handle that water with no problems. There were a lot of surfers out this weekend where we were. Oh, and 2nd weekend in a row, I had to talk bad to a jet skiier. I wonder what it is about those things that eliminates their peripheral vision???

Cigars n scotch
06-11-2012, 10:59 AM
So is the news that you've purchased a slip for the season rather than trailering to your spot every time?

Sounds great. I CANNOT WAIT to purchase a single family home, currently in a condo with the wife and baby, and I keep my boat on the trailer at either my fathers house which is 20 mins north in the opposite direction of the river we boat in or my mother and step-fathers house at the NJ shore (the place we store it all depends on of we're going to the shore or not). I have gear and stuff ALL over between my place and my parents. Every weekend is hectic when wrapping up so I definitely feel your pain Chawk. I spend an inordinate amount of time unpacking and arranging and prepping for the next time we go out.

jpetty3023
06-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Congrats on the game changer Chawk

Anyone that can slalom in the ocean is ok in my books-:)

chawk610
06-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Leased for a year. The set up / break down kills me every weekend. Not to mention the 45 min one way trailering. The water wasn't as bad as that pic looks. We reckon once we get it set up the way we want it we will hang there instead of giving our money to the lake restaurants. Bad, slow service at top dollar prices is an understatement.

PatL
06-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Congrats Chawk. I have been considering a lift at our local marina for a while. Can so relate to the slinging gear issue. Hope it works out well for you guys. On the slalom note was surprised to see how big the wake on the LS is... Any idea how fast you were going?

bzubke1
06-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Congrats makes life a lot easier, be ready to deal with spider webs tho if your marina is anything like ours was.

chawk610
06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Yea... the LS puts out a decent wake (not good for her) we were doing 28 + / -, but that pic might have been taken before we were up to speed (friend took pic). The spiders will most def be an issue. I have seen a couple of slips with a tarp installed about 12" down from the celing... spider poop catcher I am thinking.

wolfeman131
06-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Nice upgrade! Your boating life will be much more enjoyable.

Spider poop is no fun. Shhhh, don't tell the EPA, but I secretly spray the Ortho bug killer all over my dock.

bzubke1
06-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Spider poop has to be one of the hardest things to clean off of vinyl. Are you getting a hydrohoist lift or an electric lift?

wolfeman131
06-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I use some stuff called spray nine that I order by the gallon from overton's. I have it in a spray bottle and it lasts the entire season, or longer, and it gets the poop off easy.

chawk610
06-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Oh good, we will get some. We have a really good cover, hope that keeps most of it off. I am pretty ignorant about lifts. I know they have a blower, or vac (for lack of a better term) that fills (2) ballast tanks. What is that called?

bzubke1
06-11-2012, 03:36 PM
It's a hydrohoist lift. Keep an eye on it if you're not gonna take the boat out for a while. We had a leaky valve on our hydrohoist, the tanks sank and the boat ended up in the water. Luckily it was tied up. I don't believe that is a normal problem because a lot of the boats in the marina barely get taken out and they never seem to leak down.

wolfeman131
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Good call. Always tie your boat off, even when on a lift. You never know when the boat may just float away. Trust me on this.

kaneboats
06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Yup, Butthead woke up one morning and called the sheriff about his stolen boat. One of the neighbors found it out on the lake.

wolfeman131
06-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Pipe down, now! That story wasn't for all to know.

chawk610
06-11-2012, 04:32 PM
LMAO, I Tied it up. The marina staff there are pretty on the ball. Cameras everywhere and stuff.

jpetty3023
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Yup, Butthead woke up one morning and called the sheriff about his stolen boat. One of the neighbors found it out on the lake.

I was just fixin to ask if wolfey knew from personal experience but you've answered that question for me

wolfeman131
06-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I will only admit that alcohol was a factor.

DWI in this case only means "docking while intoxicated"

Funny story, but it really could've ended up bad for me or someone else. Stupid mistake, but I learned from it.

rdlangston13
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Our neighbors did this this last weekend. Although they swear someone "took their boat for a joy ride". They were drunk when they were telling us this and I have never heard of anyone in our neighborhood taking someones boat out. They said they went driving around the lake found it just floating in a cove up against the shore

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk