PDA

View Full Version : RPM Guage

jpetty3023
06-07-2012, 07:18 PM
My speedo was replaced last year when the boat was winterized. This year it was still off by about 10mph. I adjusted it and confirmed speed with gps so that's all good and reading correct now however, now my RPM needle sits at about 800 when power is off, boat running at idle, etc. is there a way to adjust the rpm guage so that the gauge reads zero RPM when boat is off? Why would the needle sit at 800, is it possibly because of the recent speedo adjustment? It's not a huge deal I suppose but it's a tad bit annoying looking at my needle sit at 800 when boat is off

jmb
06-07-2012, 08:30 PM
I think mine is the same way. I don't care as long as it is right when it running.

jpetty3023
06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
That's the thing thou JMB, if it sits at 800 when the boat is off does it run 800 rpm high while towing or do you think it evens out and runs "true" once under way?

motosno963
06-07-2012, 09:33 PM
i think mine does that too on mine..but i havent noticed any change in speed..my speedo doesnot work due to a wire that broke off at the connector so i go off rpms when i wakeboard...so between the yr befor and now mine feels and sounds about the same even tho now mine sits at about the same as yours