PDA

View Full Version : svfara???

rc5695
06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
never heard of therse until i saw one at the launch a few weeks ago...Anybody know anything about them? Their website is pretty out of date if they're still making boats...

http://www.svfara.com/

bergermaister
06-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Interesting. Never heard of or seen one. Could be because according to their www they're based in Kelowna, BC.

KG's Supra24
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I looked at a couple when I was boat shopping but they seemed far and few between. I remember them being built a little different but I liked it for some reason ... can't remember why

rc5695
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
that's something that really surprised me, since I'm in SC.

The other weird thing, he was at the ramp, and backed it down while I was going to get my trailer to leave. When I pulled down, he was pulling out and leaving?

rc5695
06-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I looked at a couple when I was boat shopping but they seemed far and few between. I remember them being built a little different but I liked it for some reason ... can't remember why
I wish it had been sitting there, I wou'dve gotten a closer look. Look really nice from the website, and from what I saw of it it looked nice.

bergermaister
06-06-2012, 12:15 PM
The other weird thing, he was at the ramp, and backed it down while I was going to get my trailer to leave. When I pulled down, he was pulling out and leaving?

You couldn't read his lips? "DAMN! FORGOT THE PLUG"

PatL
06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I know waterski magazine reviewed a number of their boats back in the 2005-2006 time frame I think. The old boat buyers guide used to have alot of info on the companies as well as the boats. Since the economy has turned south they dont put that out anymore. I remember thinking these were really cool looking boats. They made several V-Drives and a really cool DD tournament boat as I recall. Never seen one in person and like RC I would be surprised to see one on the east coast

Cigars n scotch
06-06-2012, 01:28 PM
heard of them before, remember reading about them and seeing pictures of it back in the day but have never seen one in person. These to me are like Calabria boats. I believe Calabria is no longer in business however.

Living the Dream.
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
They are a Canadian made boat I know one of the local dealers in Calgary that sells tige also sells svfara at hyperactive water sports.

ChrisK
06-06-2012, 01:53 PM
http://wakeboardingmag.com/category/boat-reviews/svfara-boat-reviews/

Razzman
06-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes they are a canadian built boat and are very high quality, very unique and have some really cool features. They've always got great reviews from all the magazines and those that own them. I've seen a few and they are very, very nice (and expensive). I believe however that they've either changed hands or scaled way down as the boats are now nowhere near as cool looking as what they were a fews years back.

Svfara Boats (http://www.svfara.com/index.html)

06-06-2012, 02:20 PM
They used to use a Svfara boat to pull the Alberta Provincials..... until the owner came over and rode my Moomba and now they have a 2011 LSV that pulls the comps:) True story.

The Svfara was a very well built, unique and sturdy boat. Malibu'ish wake. One of my employees used to build them in kelowna BC. They just didn't sell all that well. Now they are owned by Campion.

sandm
06-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I remember seeing them in the old wakeboard boat buying guide and were cool looking boats with very unique interiors, but again, expensive. have never seen one here locally and I doubt that there are any around my parts. I do remember they were a canadian thing.
I would venture a guess that the 2 economies of canada/us did not make them worth importing in any volume in the us as they became too expensive that way..

ChrisK
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Just looked at the current Svfara on Campion's website... it's over a 25 foot boat and the max capacity is only 10 people??? What's up with that?

maxpower220
06-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I have seen a few of their boats. They started as a DD tourny boat and then developed the couple of wake boats. They did a few innovative things in interior design on their DD boat, but the boat didn't have that great of a wake for slalom (compared to MC/CC/Bu). I think their wake boats were just starting to gain recognition when the market collapsed. One of their biggest issues is the parts. They used PCM and Mercruiser engines, depending on year. I would not consider a purchase as getting factory specific parts may be impossible, plus no resale value.

jmb
06-06-2012, 08:11 PM
I read that it was a very quick boat. One of the fastest from 0-30mph. I haven't seen anymore ads on them.

Mikey
06-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Thay are as mentioned,Built in Kelowna BC and are now under the Campion ,portfolio. They were started by The owner of Hyperactive Sports and a few others,i believe he is still a minority owner and a few others. One of the previous owners was the Owner of Shalom Waterski park,hence why they were used for Alberta tounaments.

They are and were known for quality and a few other design quirks. Personally i think they are Mostly UGLY. My opinion,and they are/were expensive. Like a lot of brands as well,they no longer build DD's. As mentioned kinda like the Calabrias but these are still available but only a select few dealers.