PDA

View Full Version : '11 LSV, center ballast pump only working intermittantly...

STANG KILLA SS
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
boat has seperate jabsco reversable pumps for each sack.
started almost two weeks ago, the center/ski locker pump after a day of riding id go to drain, and it would drain part then stop. or not start at all. or run for 2-10 seconds then stop. but if you would wait 2-10 minutes it would work fine and drain.

following trips it got more frequent. again end of the day draining. wouldnt work at all (light on switch would be on though), but if youd wait a bit it would work. last time out it wouldnt drain even after waiting. well i gave up and headed back to dock, then while waiting on the trailer, hit the drain switch and it worked.

well today, go out and at the begining this time, tryed to fill. it wouldnt come on. tried several times threwout the night never would come on. once maybe for 1 second, then quit.

any ideas? without it going out completely its gonna be really hard to diagnose.

Salyers
06-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Have u checked the connections to the pump. Anything loose? Impeller going bad?

STANG KILLA SS
06-02-2012, 09:41 AM
impeller going bad would just not pump water right? it doesnt come on at all (no noise) and plus when it does come on it works fine.

rdlangston13
06-02-2012, 04:15 PM
i would guess a timer issue? dont the new ballast systems use timers with those reversible pumps??

STANG KILLA SS
06-03-2012, 07:59 AM
yes. but the timer seems to be working fine. even when the pump isnt working if the switch is on the timer still runs.

does anyone know if the '11 come with the green impellers? or are they the older standard black or yellow?

rdlangston13
06-03-2012, 11:26 AM
yes. but the timer seems to be working fine. even when the pump isnt working if the switch is on the timer still runs.

does anyone know if the '11 come with the green impellers? or are they the older standard black or yellow?

i would check for power and ground at the pump, just cause the timer is running does not mean it is sending power to the pump

STANG KILLA SS
06-03-2012, 03:29 PM
ok a little update. followed the hose and figured out where the pumps were, then after forever FINALLY figured out how to remove the screwless cover panel and found the pumps.
unfortunatly of course the system was working perfectly while i was trying to diagnose. pump coming on every time.
checked voltage and of course it was getting voltage at the pump, because everythign was fine.
so while i was there i checked the impeller, it was one of the good green impellers and was in perfect condition. no wear at all.
i did notice the center/front pump was slightly louder than the rear pumps when running, but my face was right there so they all seemed pretty damn loud.

so my origonal hunch was right, its an electrical issue not a impeller issue.
im going to take my voltmeter and a jumper wire with me to the lake today. to try and diagnose if the pump quits again.