PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Nightmare

kelshe
05-31-2012, 05:21 PM
We purchased our 2010 LSV in August. We pulled the boat and winterized and had it in dry storage. The next summer, everything was fine except for the wiring that the dealer never installed to our transom remote. But that is a longer story because our local dealer had major issues that still aren't resolved. Now my problems. When we pulled this boat last summer, it died while getting it on the trailer. It had died a couple of times on the lake, but would always restart. I took it to my local marine repair and after months talking back and forth with Moomba, they narrowed it down to some computer on the engine and they replaced the shifter. I went to put the boat in the water and it would not start. So back to the shop where they replaced the safety kill switch. Two weeks later I take the boat to the slip and the spedo doesn't work. When it warms, I swim under the boat to make sure the wheel is free. The wheel was spinning so I check to see if the perfect pass works. It doesn't work either and my wakeplate won't work. I check all of the fuses and their seems to be nothing wrong. So back out of the water and now my repair guy says the wheel isn't sending a signal so that's the reason the perfect pass and spedo aren't working. As far as the wakeplate, He thinks it has to be the box where the wires plug in under the dash. Heb says the plate works when unplugged and doesn't think it is the switch by the steering. I read the forums and how everyone loves their boats. This boat is the worst expensive purchase I have evr made. Worse, there is only one dealer in the Dallas area and their rep is as good as the boat I purchased. Does anyone know of a service facility in Dallas who will work on this nightmare so we can at least use the boat at some point this summer?

wolfeman131
05-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Did you buy the boat new in August of 2010?

Did you buy it from Dallas Ski Boats?

Did you have them do the repairs or your repair guy?

Sorry for the questions right back at you, but need some more info.

kelshe
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes, we purchased from Dallas Ski Boats. The boat was new in August 2010. We were afraid to take the boat back to Dallas Ski Boats because of financial issues related to the sale. Mainly we paid the tax and for months we could not receive numbers for the boat because the dealer had not paid the State of Texas. During this period of time, the dealership was supposedly sold to a new owner. However, the financial guy who gave us the BS for months and kept sending us temporary cardboard plates was/is still present. You know, walks like a duck, talks like a duck. But in all fairness, after my wife talked with the manufacture yesterday and they asked that we please take the boat to Dallas Ski Boats... well it was delivered this morning. I must say that the owner called my wife immediately and told her they would get right on the boat. I asked that the wire be run to the transom control. I'm guessing I'll be charged for this even though it was something that was to be completed with the original sale. Funny thing is when I pulled the boat in, the sales/service guy comes out and asks if we leave the boat in the water. I told him it is in the slip from April till September and then we pull it, clean it and put it in dry storage. He tells me that the bottom must be painted or it will blister. What's funny about this is I had my Glastron painted a couple of years before we traded to Dallas Ski Boats. At the trade they reduced my boat by a 1000 because they said the bottoms shouldn't be painted because it reduces the value of the boat. At this point, I don't know who/what to believe. I just want a boat that isn't an issue beyond regular maintenance. The dealer who worked on my boat is an authorized Inmar dealer. In all reality, DFW is too large a market to have one dealer for Moomba and it is this factory policy that has created this mess. My local guy has to wait over a week to get parts from the Moomba side. Inmar has been fantastic and spent many hours trying to solve the engine issues. But my wife is finished with the whole ordeal. If it's not immediately and permanently repaired then the Moomba is gone.

LakePerson1952
06-19-2012, 10:23 PM
RE: Bottom paint.

If you leave a fiberglass in the water all the time (even only in the summers) you will want bottom paint or the bottom will blister. You really don't want that. And the bottom paint is NOT just anti-fouling - you want a barrier coat. A lift is a relatively inexpensive accessory (especially if you can get a used one). Personally, I wouldn't leave my boat in the water for more than about a week MAX. I am pretty sure that no manufacturer covers blistering under warranty.

KSmith
06-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I almost forgot about this thread. Hey Keishe you still with us? Any word on the boat?

loudsubz
06-20-2012, 12:00 PM
RE: Bottom paint.

If you leave a fiberglass in the water all the time (even only in the summers) you will want bottom paint or the bottom will blister. You really don't want that. And the bottom paint is NOT just anti-fouling - you want a barrier coat. A lift is a relatively inexpensive accessory (especially if you can get a used one). Personally, I wouldn't leave my boat in the water for more than about a week MAX. I am pretty sure that no manufacturer covers blistering under warranty.

We had a 1988 Doral Bowrider we used to leave in the water all summer long and it never blistered.