View Full Version : 2012 Texas Moomba/Supra Jam

Pages : 1 [2]

04OUTBACK
08-13-2012, 07:22 AM
That 21vx4 is one tough mudder.

Spyder sure you can fly in. Ride with me

kaneboats
08-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I'll be doing the same. You guys will all have to draw straws to see who gets stuck with me (of course I always bring gas money and lots of beer!)

jpetty3023
08-13-2012, 11:19 AM
So who won all the swag? And t-shirt status?

Cody
08-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Shoot me your address in a PM and I will mail out your shirts!

jpetty3023
08-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Done, thanks again Cody!

Sent from my home phone..

wolfeman131
08-13-2012, 11:57 PM

I think some the good swag ended up in the hands of some jackwagons that ride in other brands of boats.

TL7
08-14-2012, 12:08 AM
I had a L and S shirt lined up, but never read or saw who to PayPal the $$ to. Are they still available?

jpetty3023
08-14-2012, 12:09 AM
I think some the good swag ended up in the hands of some jackwagons that ride in other brands of boats.

Foul ball

Sent from my home phone..

04OUTBACK
08-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Tl7 and jpetty
Check with David Langston

mmandley
08-15-2012, 07:13 PM

I did win the big Nettles gift certificate. 300 bucks. I just bought a prop though and i herd Brad was looking to buy a prop. So i gave him my gift card in trade, he gets me a fancy prop puller and he can keep the rest of the gift card. Figure its a good way to share the wealth on that one LOL

jpetty3023
08-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Your a good man mike I don't care what they say

rdlangston13
08-15-2012, 07:42 PM
The shirts are free, SC paid for them all. All we need is a few bucks for shipping and I will need to dig through the box to make sure everything is still there, people were being a little grabby sat night

jpetty3023
08-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Hey David, Cody asked for my addy in PM and I gave it to him. Do you need me to do anything else or am I squared away sir?

wolfeman131
08-15-2012, 11:09 PM
people were being a little grabby sat night

Leave Ole Blue alone!

rdlangston13
08-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey David, Cody asked for my addy in PM and I gave it to him. Do you need me to do anything else or am I squared away sir?

cody has your shirts i believe. just have the shirts of the people who where supposed to be there

rdlangston13
08-15-2012, 11:22 PM
ok I have 1 Lg and 1 sm for Taft

and one Lg for sybrmike

sybrmike
08-16-2012, 10:47 AM
I'll happily cover shipping. Cody has my address if needed or I can pick it up in Katy??

rdlangston13
08-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Well thing is I'm leaving tonight to go back to work for 2 weeks and as soon as I get home I'm going to key west for a week. So if for Taft and Mike, it might be a few weeks...

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

bergermaister
08-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Same here - PM'd Cody about the XL that was being held for me (hopefully). Let me know where to paypal some dough$.

New Guy
08-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I would gladly pay shipping on one. Size Large. Let me know.

wolfeman131
08-16-2012, 06:53 PM
I would gladly pay shipping on one. Size Large. Let me know.

Shipping from the ATL for a lightly worn one is $250.

Cody
08-16-2012, 08:57 PM
I will ship these shirts out on Monday when I return to the office. Discounted UPS shipping :)

Sorry for the delay fellas, been a bit busy. Still recovering from the event, haha.

We need to make a deal though, if I ship these out to you, you have to make the trip down for next year. No excuses.

jpetty3023
08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
I promise to do everything in my power to make the trip. Right hand raised as I type

wolfeman131
08-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Damn skippy, petty! And same to you too, Chawk & Jet. Wolfey & Webb are takin dibs in the trailer.

jmvotto
08-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Damn skippy, petty! And same to you too, Chawk & Jet. Wolfey & Webb are takin dibs in the trailer.

First "Old Dudes Boat"
Now dibs in the trailer.
We got a new Bromance in the making?

wolfeman131
08-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Hells to the ya, Bro! And, we gotz a special spot just fur you, Joey-boy.

04OUTBACK
08-17-2012, 02:09 AM
I think that couch bed had bed bugs

mmandley
08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I think that couch bed had bed bugs

That wouldnt surprise me man, im sure that couch has seen a lot of tail.

I might make the trip next year, IDK it all depends on the exact dates, and what im doing around that time. Would love to make it again just for the meeting more people but that trip isnt cheap from the NW.

moombadaze
08-17-2012, 01:27 PM
I might make the trip next year, IDK it all depends.

if you are, send me a pm or post it up and i'l try and get there too, would be cool to meet some of the pnw peeps.

mmandley
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
if you are, send me a pm or post it up and i'l try and get there too, would be cool to meet some of the pnw peeps.

All you get from us PNW guys is surfing, and griping how hot the water is LOL. Put we do bring a ton of beer to the table LOL

We had so much left over i think we gave Brad at least a 12 pack LOL

kaneboats
08-17-2012, 04:29 PM
All you get from us PNW guys is surfing, and griping how hot the water is LOL. Put we do bring a ton of beer to the table LOL

My kind of people!

04OUTBACK
08-17-2012, 09:58 PM

Between wolfes leftover miller lite and Mandley and Brian's Busch. I came home with more beer tha. I went with!

rca
08-18-2012, 12:16 AM
I promise to do everything in my power to make the trip. Right hand raised as I type
Bring the kids too. Regardless of all the cheap talk that's been floating around, ahem, it was a family friendly event. My girls really enjoyed meeting everyone and hanging out too. Thankfully they got bored at the tie up after about 10 minutes so we missed most of the crazy stuff.

rca
08-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Between wolfes leftover miller lite and Mandley and Brian's Busch. I came home with more beer tha. I went with!

You'd think they guys from Oregon would have better taste in beer.....

kaneboats
08-18-2012, 01:59 AM
If I'm there next year and any of those Pacific NW guys show I want to see some serious quality microbrew offerings. Their reputation is on the line.

bzubke1
08-18-2012, 04:52 AM
It was easy to miss all the shenanigans if you wanted to and I would be pretty darn surprised if someone like that showed up again next year.

rdlangston13
08-18-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't really care a whole lot for having the tie ups, I just wanted to get a group picture all tied up. I am more of a board, tie up for lunch, then board some more kind of person.

And yes, next year we are shooting for less shenanigans. you really had to be awake late to see most of it and looking for it. not really sure what that says about us who witnessed it though

mmandley
08-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Idk Dave, I know I was up every morning at 7 goto town get my coffee and was on the water by 8 lol but I was generally in bed by 12

rca
08-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Idk Dave, I know I was up every morning at 7 goto town get my coffee and was on the water by 8 lol but I was generally in bed by 12

I can vouch for this, he was with us most mornings.

I don't want people to get the wrong impression either, I had my teenage daughters there and everyone we hung out with was fantastic. To me it was a family friendly event and we will definitely be back next year. The tie up wasn't bad either, just like David said, not really our thing. At that point we'd been on the water most of the day and were ready for a shower and some food. That was after 3 days of boating for us since we started on Thursday and we were all wiped out. I think my wife and oldest daughter were asleep before the tie up broke up, lol.

That said, it's not a truly great event unless you've got some crazy, memorable stories to tell. When David gets to be my age he'll still be laughing about this year.

mmandley
08-18-2012, 11:04 AM
If I'm there next year and any of those Pacific NW guys show I want to see some serious quality microbrew offerings. Their reputation is on the line.

Hey easy on the cheap beer shots LOL

Pretty hard to get PW beer down to the event, you cant take it on the plane, me and B didnt check in luggage LOL.

Hell i got searched for having a pack of gum in my pocket in my shorts in Portland, cant even imagine what that would have done with a case of beer packed in my bag LOL

Maybe if we plan it right we can mail some brew down there but IDK someone might drink it LOL

As for the event, i think it was very family oriented, and honestly it wasnt untill the tie up and that one 242 that things went astray.

As for Ron, im very honored and happy that i was allowed to cruize with you and your family, i really enjoyed being on your boat and meeting all your ladies. You sir are a blessed man.

rdlangston13
08-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Haha, well I am glad that everyone who went had a good time! And i would be on the water by 8 too if I could have gotten my crew out of bed! They are not quite as into it as me I don't think.

So quick question for everyone who attended.

How did yall like the venue? Was Bethy Creek an alright place? Water conditions ideal? Would you want to move it?

We had a supra owner throwing a fit at the BBQ about the location of the event so I am just wondering everyone elses take.

dusty2221
08-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Everything was perfect. The cut was sketchy the first time and then it was cake. I wouldn't change a thing and we will be back next year with Kira without a doubt. Water conditions couldn't be beat.

rca
08-18-2012, 10:30 PM
You sir are a blessed man.
Very true my friend.

rca
08-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm with Dusty, water was great every day. I definitely wouldn't change anything. We will be back for sure.

Ron

04OUTBACK
08-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Hard to be the locale.
River was awesome.

bzubke1
08-19-2012, 12:20 PM
No way I would change it, you can't beat bethy for an event like this, only thing would be if they had a little bit bigger dock but that really isn't a legitimate complaint.

Did anyone try the cable park?

rca
08-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Did anyone try the cable park?

We looked at it. Basically back and forth for a hundred feet or so. Girls said it looked boring so we passed.

C.Hern5972
08-19-2012, 03:40 PM
What was the complaint David?
To me you can't beat BCR for a shin dig like this. We are Definately making it next year for sure.

rdlangston13
08-19-2012, 03:54 PM
What was the complaint David?
To me you can't beat BCR for a shin dig like this. We are Definately making it next year for sure.

They thought having to drive their boat through a 2-3 ft deep cut to make it to the river was BS. Also complained about stumps/drift wood after the Rinkers boat hit something.

Their suggestion was Richland Chambers???? Said they water was just as smooth or some BS. I'm not buying it.

rca
08-19-2012, 04:05 PM
That's funny. The one time we were at Richland Chambers I thought it was stumpy. Smooth water was only available first thing in the morning too. Pretty windy and we ran into hydrilla.

The Trinity was way better. Just not as close to Dallas

sybrmike
08-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Agreed, it was as family friendly of an event as you wanted to make it. If it hadn't been "appropriate" at the raft up, we'dve split earlier. But the girls were having fun (they hear worse language on the school bus) & the folks had some nice conversations while we were parked down at the end.

We put in at Hwy 19 bridge & never made it on shore to check out the facilities at BCR, but thanks for introducing us to the Trinity - the water was great. Sure the cut reminded me of an Amazonian river expedition, but was fine unless you passed that same boat towing riders on a tube going the other way (which we did 3 different times!).

If fact we're thinking of going back next Saturday. Can someone tell me where the closest facilities are located (restrooms, gas, ice, food, etc.) along that stretch of river? Thanks (& thanks again for a great Jam)!

C.Hern5972
08-19-2012, 06:36 PM
For sure BS.
Well I've been running the T for a long time and it's always nice.

wolfeman131
08-19-2012, 09:26 PM
tell whoever it was that complained to either stay home or put in at the 19 bridge.

It was no Ritz Carlton, but that was part of the fun! I'm going to do my best to get back in 2013.

kevkev
09-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Haha, well I am glad that everyone who went had a good time! And i would be on the water by 8 too if I could have gotten my crew out of bed! They are not quite as into it as me I don't think.

So quick question for everyone who attended.

How did yall like the venue? Was Bethy Creek an alright place? Water conditions ideal? Would you want to move it?

We had a supra owner throwing a fit at the BBQ about the location of the event so I am just wondering everyone elses take.

I am pretty sure I was not throwing a fit at the BBQ. Just simply stating that this is not the nicest place I have ever been to. The boat launch has a giant hole behind the concrete that will grab your crossmember on your trailer and bend it (luckily I had just ordered a new trailer since mine was rusted when we bought the boat). Also if you had the same experience we had had that day with damaging a boat & a trailer you might have a slightly different outlook of the place. I am glad that there were no more issues for anyone else. I would also like to say that we stayed and took our boat out after the other incident & also went out again almost all day Sunday, I don't think that someone throwing a fit would do so. I have read this thread and the other picture thread and you seem to have a very one sided opinion of how a lot of things happened. You might want to spend a little more time getting your facts straight before you start posting your every thought.

mmandley
09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I didnt have my boat there but i can say it scared the hell out of me when i droped Brads trailer off the loading ramp. Luckly it was while it was empty. That ramp is pretty sketch.

Other then that my biggest complaint was water temps but its Texas so i understand.

Other then the ramp and the Cut that place didnt bother me to much at all. Pretty decent place really.

rdlangston13
09-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I am pretty sure I was not throwing a fit at the BBQ. Just simply stating that this is not the nicest place I have ever been to. The boat launch has a giant hole behind the concrete that will grab your crossmember on your trailer and bend it (luckily I had just ordered a new trailer since mine was rusted when we bought the boat). Also if you had the same experience we had had that day with damaging a boat & a trailer you might have a slightly different outlook of the place. I am glad that there were no more issues for anyone else. I would also like to say that we stayed and took our boat out after the other incident & also went out again almost all day Sunday, I don't think that someone throwing a fit would do so. I have read this thread and the other picture thread and you seem to have a very one sided opinion of how a lot of things happened. You might want to spend a little more time getting your facts straight before you start posting your every thought.

That ramp is pretty crappy, I really think bethy creek dropped the ball last year during the drought not taking advantage of the low water levels to do some work on it. That being said the lake was about 7-8 inches below full pool so under normal conditions you wouldn't need to back so far in. That does suck about your trailer and I remember when it happened, if you were not getting a new one it would really suck! Fall bash is this weekend as the lake is about 3 inches lower or so than it was that weekend so hopefully all the wakeboard going through there this weekend will do a little dredging for us!

Another option for the ramp, although inconvenient is to launch at the free public ramp at hwy 19. When the lake was 4+ ft low last year we never found the end of that one. But it would suck to have to do that every day.

Cody
09-13-2012, 09:56 PM
That ramp is pretty crappy, I really think bethy creek dropped the ball last year during the drought not taking advantage of the low water levels to do some work on it. That being said the lake was about 7-8 inches below full pool so under normal conditions you wouldn't need to back so far in. That does suck about your trailer and I remember when it happened, if you were not getting a new one it would really suck! Fall bash is this weekend as the lake is about 3 inches lower or so than it was that weekend so hopefully all the wakeboard going through there this weekend will do a little dredging for us!

Another option for the ramp, although inconvenient is to launch at the free public ramp at hwy 19. When the lake was 4+ ft low last year we never found the end of that one. But it would suck to have to do that every day.

Brad, Brandon, etc...can I get yall to mail me your video files or upload them to vimeo?

Need to finish video!

Cody
09-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Call me crazy....but...

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g174/Slodom03/2013shirttemplate1.jpg

Just an idea so far...will not be final, official, certified...

wolfeman131
09-13-2012, 10:44 PM
C'mon man! You want us to wear a black t in TX?

And, how about an old dude surfin instead of a pic of Langston pre-wipeout?

mmandley
09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
I like it and i dont think Black will matter much in Texas LOL. I would prefer black myself LOL.

Only change i would make is have TEXAS at the top. Not the bottom.

Texas
Moomba
Supra

or

Texas
Supra
Moomba

Cody
09-14-2012, 09:32 AM
I will most likely change the boat & rider. Maybe Surf, maybe both. It is still waaaaay early.

I know black would be really bad but I was just playing with colors.

Like I said, this wont be the final design - I want all of yalls input first.

Any ideas are appreciated!

rca
09-14-2012, 09:44 AM
I like black, very slimming for us mature guys, lol. What the heck is Drew whining about anyway, it gets hotter in Georgia than it does here. Well, sometimes.

jfox8807
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
i must say im rather jealous i wish they had somthin like that in nc

jpetty3023
11-19-2012, 12:02 PM
i must say im rather jealous i wish they had somthin like that in nc

it just takes one to get the ball rolling, or in this case the boat floating. I think your the perfect guy to get it set up jfox

sent from my home phone

jfox8807
11-19-2012, 12:54 PM
yea might have to set somthin up. maybe i could get tha boat floatin as u put it lol. im sure theres plenty of moomba supra fans that would love a good fun filled weekend in nc.

jpetty3023
11-19-2012, 01:10 PM
that's the spirit. your already off to a great 1st annual north cackalacky Moomba Jam

sent from my home phone

rdlangston13
11-21-2012, 11:05 PM
that's the spirit. your already off to a great 1st annual north cackalacky Moomba Jam

sent from my home phone

So Petty, you going to show up this next year so I can make payment on my TWO beers that I owe you?

jpetty3023
11-21-2012, 11:08 PM
my plan the last two years has been to make the trip but it hasn't worked out yet. hopefully third time is a charm!

sent from my home phone

Cody
11-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Better be sure to make it this next year!