PDA

View Full Version : Sirius - tied to hu or the sat tuner?

Stazi
05-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi guys, My Kenwood HU has a bad RCA output for one of the channels. Hence I am thinking about changing out the HU to a newer one, and one that has an iPod interface.

My question is this: Does the SIRIUS subscription have a tie into the actual HU or is the Kenwood Satellite Tuner what has the serial number that the subscription is tied to?

i.e. can I change out my HU and keep receiving my SIRIUs subscription or do I have to transfer it over to the new HU?

MLA
05-30-2012, 03:56 PM
The SAT subscription is linked to the SID on the SAT receiver, BUT, the receivers are brand specific as well as the interface cable. So if you chnage head-unit brands, you will need a new receiver and cable. If you stay with K/W, I dont think you need to do anything.

Stazi
05-30-2012, 09:28 PM
The SAT subscription is linked to the SID on the SAT receiver, BUT, the receivers are brand specific as well as the interface cable. So if you chnage head-unit brands, you will need a new receiver and cable. If you stay with K/W, I dont think you need to do anything.
Thanks! I think I'll stay with Kenwood and go with the KMR-550

Stazi
06-11-2012, 06:37 AM
So I bought a Kenwood KMR-550U and installed it on Sat. Awesome tuner! The only catch is that this is a Sirius XM tuer and I have one of the older Kenwood KTC-SR902 Sirius tuners and it has a different cable/plug that doesn't mate up with my tuner. Do they make a adapter/cable to hook the two together?