PDA

View Full Version : new hyperlite aj boots and system bindings

saskie99
05-30-2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.evo.com/imgp/750/53611.Color.Hardgoods_Black_Image.jpg

Just got my new Hyperlite AJ boots and system bindings. The are so so soft and short compared to my byerly bindings. I cant wait to try them out this weekend!

motosno963
05-30-2012, 12:32 PM
tell me how they work..all i have rode with is hyperlight and i want to try out the new binding system

saskie99
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
i am a huge fan of no quick lace, these are regular lace like a hockey skate. I have already put hockey laces in and have taken a sharpie and got rid of the pink

tnbrooks01
06-03-2012, 01:35 PM
tell me how they work..all i have rode with is hyperlight and i want to try out the new binding system

The new boots use the system bindings which have more of a snowboard feel. much more responsive/direct feel on the board. Had a pair of the AJ boots, too narrow for me. Went with the JD Webb model and they fit much better.

rdlangston13
06-03-2012, 08:16 PM
how does a strapped on boot have more response than a screwed/bolted on boot?

tnbrooks01
06-04-2012, 12:23 AM
how does a strapped on boot have more response than a screwed/bolted on boot?

The base of the system binding is much thinner and it only connects side to side in the arch of your foot. The toe and heel areas of your boot actually touch the board. And the soles of the boots are very thin. In addition, the design of the system "almost" makes heel lift impossible thus providing a more responsive feel.

The downside to the system is the straps/ buckles can strip out if your not careful.