PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a WakeJak?

wolfeman131
05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Thought I saw a posta few days ago about this, but can't find it again.

http://www.wakejak.com/

I'm wondering if these work as advertised to keep the rope out of the way of the racks? With the short surf rope, we have caught our rope a few times this weekend.

Jet
05-28-2012, 08:23 AM
If you drive and turn the boat right the rope does touch the racks but doesnt get caught. Good idea, but not really necessary I think. Time will tell if it sticks, but its kind of a red flag to other drivers that you cant drive so I dont think the core guys will buy one. Great for walleys though. lol

jmvotto
05-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Lmoa........

wolfeman131
05-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Well, call me a walley then. But, with decent winds, 2,500+ in ballast, boards in the racks, newbies in the water and a short rope, I got it hung up a few times. Looking forward to having less stress when the wife drives.

jmvotto
05-28-2012, 08:31 AM
I train one of kids to ba rope captain while surfing.

moombadaze
05-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Cheap me, slide the rope thru a small lenght of pvc pipe, then install that into a poll noodle and that should work. just need to secure it so it doesnt slide.

tnbrooks01
05-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Works as advertised and best camera mount of any out there IMO. However, IMO its just one more "tool" for us to keep up with.

+1 on one of the kids being "Rope Captain". Give them a job to do and they stay more focused that way too.

It took a little while but they know that anytime the rope is out we are all "on duty" in order for everyone to have a safe and good time. We keep one in charge of the rope, one to rack boards, and one in charge of music and video camera. That way all I have to do is focus on driving and protecting the rider when they fall. After everyone get their set in and the rope is back in the boat then we can relax and swim or do whatever.

Being raised on the lake I've seen lots of people get hurt, boats get damaged because the normal weekend warrior family gets out there and dad has to try to do it with little to no help from the rest of the family when pulling skiers, tubers etc.....

maxpower220
05-28-2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Overtons-Kick-Back-Protector&i=19231&aID=600B10&merchID=4006

Try this, slalom skiers have been using them for years.

bergermaister
05-29-2012, 04:44 PM
It took a little while but they know that anytime the rope is out we are all "on duty" in order for everyone to have a safe and good time. We keep one in charge of the rope, one to rack boards, and one in charge of music and video camera. That way all I have to do is focus on driving and protecting the rider when they fall.

I like that idea a lot and am going to put it to use this summer. Too often it's me doing everything while trying to be the driver, or being in the water and yelling out reminders on what they should be doing in the boat. We always have an assigned flag holder but then there's everything else.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Good point Berg. I have the same frustrations but have come to realize its my own fault. Have to spend more time teaching and then delagating. Boating is all about fun sure but it our boats and the water need to be taken seriously as well. Too many injuries happen from dumb mistakes.

I did see the wakejak display last year at King of Wake and it looked like a pretty good piece of equipment. But it seems like it was more expensive than it was what it did. Could be wrong.

Sent from my bag phone using Tapatalk Dos

Jet
05-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Wolf, the only way to make it less stressful while the wife is driving is to take one of you out of the boat. lol. Thats the only way. lmao (just kidding)