PDA

View Full Version : Heatercraft blower noise vibration

cmmccormick
05-27-2012, 08:49 AM
I installed a new 4 port heater in my 2005 XLV. On medium speed I start to hear some noise . On high, I hear lots of noise. In looking at it, I believe the blower blades wobble at higher speeds and contact the case. I tried loosening up the motor and adjusting but I can't get it to stop.

I have never heard one of these run but I assume this should not happen. Should these be quiet even at high speed? Anyone have this issue and have ideas to fix?

I plan to contact HEATERCRAFT but haven't yet due to the Holiday Weekend.

Thanks and advance.

wolfeman131
05-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Where the heck do you live that you need the heater this weekend?!?

It's steamy here in the dirty South & we're loving it. Water at 80 degrees and air around 90.

Grant M
05-27-2012, 02:49 PM
I installed a new 4 port heater in my 2005 XLV. On medium speed I start to hear some noise . On high, I hear lots of noise. In looking at it, I believe the blower blades wobble at higher speeds and contact the case. I tried loosening up the motor and adjusting but I can't get it to stop.

I have never heard one of these run but I assume this should not happen. Should these be quiet even at high speed? Anyone have this issue and have ideas to fix?
I plan to contact HEATERCRAFT but haven't yet due to the Holiday Weekend.

Thanks and advance.

I installed the same model and it should be very quiet at all speeds. I would contact heatertcraft for warranty.
I was using ours yesterday for our first run of the year (Air temp 20 degC and water temp aroung 9 degC) The heater is a great thing to have!
p.s. don't mind the Southern Moomba friends ... the heat down there does strange things hahaha

viking
05-27-2012, 02:50 PM
A boat heater wouldn't have even helped this weekend in MT. 6in of snow and rain for last 3 days caused us to cancel our camping trip and stay home. Never fails for Mem Weekend around here!

Grant M
05-27-2012, 02:55 PM
A boat heater wouldn't have even helped this weekend in MT. 6in of snow and rain for last 3 days caused us to cancel our camping trip and stay home. Never fails for Mem Weekend around here!

Sorry to hear that Viking, yesterday was one of the few times I have been in the water in May... but my own da*m fault - I wrapped the rope around the prop and had to cut it off - lesson learned...

wolfeman131
05-27-2012, 03:00 PM
p.s. don't mind the Southern Moomba friends ... the heat down there does strange things hahaha

Heat, BBQ and beer get us in GA. Down in Tampa, it's the tequila.

Grant M
05-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Heat, BBQ and beer get us in GA. Down in Tampa, it's the tequila.

All things we enjoy up here :D
But as far as the heat goes....Just not for very long :(

Stay thirsty my friend!

jmvotto
05-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Agreed, the heater fan should run smooth, contact HC.

Definitely a useful accessory. Water is 71 and air today is 90.

Evenings still get quit cool, so ours will get used multiple times in the summer.

04OUTBACK
05-28-2012, 09:21 AM
That's why I just left ny. It snowed a month ago and that was to late for me!

jmvotto
05-28-2012, 10:18 AM
C'mon brad, let's be fair that was the 1st real snow of the season.

Plus you will miss wine country and the crisp clear clean finger lakes, no rattlers in these waters... Lol

Oh I went in Saturday swimming trunking it, could have been the beer.....

cmmccormick
05-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah, the north isn't the best for water lovers. I was on Lake Erie in Presque Isle Bay in PA and the water temp was around 55 to 60. I added the heater to extend the season as much possible. I have 6 and 10 year old girls and a wife that can't take the cold very well. The heater is for sure a plus. Now I just need to get the noise to stop. I will give HC a call in the morning. It really sucks that the damn thing is such a pain to get to that I really don't want to take it out and fuss with it again.

Thanks for the feedback.

04OUTBACK
05-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Jmv
Lake water was 89 today. Trunked it

Will miss finger lake wineries and my keuka and conesus friends for sure.

jmvotto
05-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Hit 93 today,you would have trunked it here too...

Boonejeepin
05-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Where the heck do you live that you need the heater this weekend?!?

It's steamy here in the dirty South & we're loving it. Water at 80 degrees and air around 90.

We had the heaters cranking today. Air temp of 55 when we hit the water. Rose to about 58 and the sun never broke through the clouds.

I'm getting tired of the Pacific NW weather!!!!!

bergermaister
05-29-2012, 01:35 PM

Welcome to the club- At least you made it out. After the rain/hail/thunder/lightning I figured the whole weekend was a bust unless you live right next to the boat launch. Hey, wait a minute...

I had meant to ask if you have heaters in your boat - now I know! And to further hi-jack, Wednesday weather is looking fairly decent. Would be be nice to tie in a trip to meet with picking up from AWS but still not sure when they'll be done with mine.

viking
05-29-2012, 01:52 PM

Stop complaining............it could be worse :)

cmmccormick
05-29-2012, 09:28 PM
We had the heaters cranking today. Air temp of 55 when we hit the water. Rose to about 58 and the sun never broke through the clouds.

Yeah, don't make the move to PA. Head south. By the way, I noticed your surf setup. I don't even know what to think about that. It hurts my head. I am running 1100 pounds in the surf side locker and another 400 pounds immediately in front of it. I was feeling like the man and pretty happy until reading your setup. It would be great to see some pictures of that wake.

cmmccormick
05-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, the north isn't the best for water lovers. I was on Lake Erie in Presque Isle Bay in PA and the water temp was around 55 to 60. I added the heater to extend the season as much possible. I have 6 and 10 year old girls and a wife that can't take the cold very well. The heater is for sure a plus. Now I just need to get the noise to stop. I will give HC a call in the morning. It really sucks that the damn thing is such a pain to get to that I really don't want to take it out and fuss with it again.

Thanks for the feedback.

I removed the blower from the heat exchanger. The end of one of the blower cages is all chewed up and the other one is missing a blade. I am not sure how all that happened. In any event, HC is going to replace it.