PDA

View Full Version : Got My Stoke On - New Inland Board Arrived

Brianinpdx
05-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Many of you know I'm a big advocate of the XXX boards. I rode the Slasher last year and loved it because its stable, fast and maneuverable. Last year has taken a toll on it (yea mike I know you didn't do it), so this year I reached out to the guys at Bakesonline for some board advice. They suggested I look at the InLand Surfer Sweetspot pro because its fast like the slasher, and got a bit more rocker up front.

Well the board arrived today and all I can say is wow. It's ultra light, has a super sleek look to it shape wise and looks to be built really well. Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys at Inland surfer for making such a great product and Paul over at Bakes for suggesting it.

Stickered up and its new resting spot
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/photo3-2.jpg

Smaller and more cut than my XXX board - -wow!
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/photo-1.jpg

Is that a sweet shape or what!!!
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/photo2.jpg

jmvotto
05-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Nice looking board brian. great idea for the stickers too.

mmandley
05-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Sweet ill stop by and grab it for a test ride muahahah

bergermaister
05-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Very sweet board Brian - now there's 2 of them for us to demo!

bbuhtz
05-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Awesome new ride! You'll love that board.

Salyers
05-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Let me know how you like it. I have been thinking about buying that board for about 6 months and have yet to pull the trigger. Would love some feedback!

wolfeman131
05-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Sweet board! I like all the IS stuff!

If you get any kind do nick or ding in that board that even looks like it might be into the wood, get it out of the water immediately and get the spot filled in with epoxy. Hasn't happened to me, but I've heard of the wood absorbing water and then delaminating and swelling up.

wolfeman131
05-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Let me know how you like it. I have been thinking about buying that board for about 6 months and have yet to pull the trigger. Would love some feedback!

Pull it, dude!

Boonejeepin
05-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Brian - let me know if you want a wave to ride off 10th street.

bergermaister
05-25-2012, 01:57 AM
Oh oh - pick me pick me! I can be sick to work a day or two!!!!

Brianinpdx
05-25-2012, 03:07 AM
You guys crack me up.. sounds like we need to have a lil get together with the local crews and do some boarding! Everyone bring their boards and shred.

-Brian

jmvotto
05-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Oh oh - pick me pick me! I can be sick to work a day or two!!!!

Berg is coming down with a serious eye problem. "can't see coming in today ". Lol

freshturk
05-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Be careful with your inland surfer, very fragile boards. I took my brand new mucus out last weekend, on one of the first rides, took a fall, board turned up towards me, my knee landed on the side, cracked the board in 2 places. Left a small scrape on my knee. I honestly didnt think anything of the fall, didnt feel very rough no biggie. Im not a huge guy by any means 185lbs or so. Inland surfer said it is not covered under warranty. Now don't get me wrong i fully understand that if i drop the board onto the ground and it cracks it shouldnt be covered, but one of the first rides after a fall and it breaks? cmon. I even left the little bit of hair and flesh in the crack to show them i didnt drop it.

With that said, i was impressed with the performance of the board up to that point. Inland surfer did offer to repair it if i pay shipping, but said they would not correct colors, or replace the board if the foam core had gotten wet.

Didn't mean to highjack your thread, but the board looks awesome and hope you enjoy it.

Brianinpdx
05-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Fresh - well that sucks. My XXX board has some similar issues. I'm going to have to put some epoxy on it to repair some cracks. I think all these high performance boards all face the same kind of challenges. I'd probably bite the bullet and send yours back to them for a fixup job. -Brian