PDA

View Full Version : NW Moomba yearly Camping Trip.

mmandley
05-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Its getting to that time again for the Yearly NW Moomba camping trip.

I have done this 3 years in a row now.

10 was at Green Peter and was a big hit.
11 was at LBC but was late in the year

2012 is at Green Peter again. Dates are July 21-24th.

Most of the regualr people have been contacted but i wanted a central spot to get confirmations and such.

You can attend any of the dates, camp, or day cruise it.
Most are planning July 21 Sat and Leaving Monday the 23rd.

Me and Claudia will be out on the 22nd i might make the 21st but cant lock it down at this time.
We are staying till Tuesday the 24th.

Plan is Sunday the 22nd to get have a get together on the water and take pics and party up some, ride the other boats you havnt riden behind. Borrow boards from others to try out new gear.

If everyone that can go shows up we will have
LSVs
XLVs
and an OBV present

Once i can get apx number of people and spaces Claudia can schedule the sites so were all near each other.

Camp site has great spots, big, and Boat parking at your camp site.

Heres the Site link if you want to brouse it.

http://www.co.linn.or.us/parks/parks/whitcombcreek.html

If you cant make this its ok, i normal do 3 3-4 day weekends at LBC on my buddies Property. You can let me know privately for those dates as i can only allow so many people since its private land, but Eric came last year and can vouch for the area being sweet.

moombadaze
05-24-2012, 07:39 AM
said it last year and i"ll say it again. sounds like fun and wish i was closer

bergermaister
05-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Looks like a great spot Mike. Would love to come check it out, however Sunday the 22nd I'll be loading up boat and camp gear and getting ready to leave Tues at noon for a week long trip heading east.

mmandley
05-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Looks like a great spot Mike. Would love to come check it out, however Sunday the 22nd I'll be loading up boat and camp gear and getting ready to leave Tues at noon for a week long trip heading east.

Theres always the day action, you can drive down with the kiddos or something and hop on someone elses boat. Then leave that night. i know its a bit of a drive but its always an option.

jester
05-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I have been looking and that is the only weekend this summer that something was no planned for. That has now changed. Also Berg you can hop on my boat and we will send the kids over to Mikes boat. He is always looking for more weight for surfing.

wolfeman131
05-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Mike would probably prefer you pass over the beer cooler. :)

Razzman
05-28-2012, 12:07 AM
I'd go but i'm a bit leery about camping at a place called Green Peter! :D

mmandley
05-28-2012, 01:18 PM
HAHA Raz, as it doesnt sound good, i can tell you its a name, no such event has occured from that water yet.

ok those going please let me know, Claudia wants to book a spot, this way we can all get spots close to each other.

millerda68
06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
We're in for Friday - Sunday. Sent you an email as well. Haven't been to GP for years now, so looking forward to getting back down there. When I was living in Salem and going there, it used to be pretty vacant (most people stopped off at Foster instead of driving through and up to Green Peter).

cab13367
06-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Mike, as we've discussed, I'm in for Friday through Sunday. Hope you can get out there before Sunday, otherwise, we won't see much of you and Claudia.

mmandley
06-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Ok i officially paid my money to reserve the site.

I was able to get Saturday the 21st off.

I reserved from Saturday the 21st to Tuesday the 24th. Im in space 15.

To Reserve click link
http://www.co.linn.or.us/parks/parks/whitcombcreek-reserve.html
Select Dates
Then select UNIT TYPE = Tavel Trailer as they dont list Boat.
I left unit width as 8 ft.

You will then be able to see a site map and pick a Green labled site.
Fees were 60 for my stay plus a non refundable 12. 72 total.

If you have questions or issues contact me via Email or PM or Text if you know my number.

cab13367
06-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I just reserved site #16, right next to ya, in on Friday, out on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

jmb
06-11-2012, 08:27 PM
I can't go to Wolfeman's if I go to this one!

jester
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Ok booked site number 13 from Friday to Sunday. Have to work on Monday. Also I will bring my coast guard book and will be able to do VSC's for everyone.

Jack, Wolfeman will just have to also join us then there is no problem.

mmandley
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Sweet, Ill reach out to Eric, Russ again today,

Jester 13 08 OBV
Millerda14 10 LSV
Mmandley 15 08 LSV
Cab13367 16 07 LSV
Stretch? 05 XLV
Boonejeepin? 10 XLV

Gonna be all Moombas in a row in that camp ground LOL

moombadaze
06-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Boy do I wish I could make it.

jmb
06-12-2012, 07:59 PM
It would be geat! I think I will take next summer off and try to hit all of them. Won't that be fun.

sandm
06-13-2012, 07:52 AM
you're all banned if there are no pics of the campsites :)

I'd love to come over for this...

mmandley
06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
you're all banned if there are no pics of the campsites :)

I'd love to come over for this...

We got the room in the boats, and im sure Jester will have space in his camp site. Bring your gear man LOL.
Sites hold up to 8 people

jester
06-13-2012, 11:06 AM
I have extra room and even an extra tent. Come on down. With all the people going i bet we even have a board that would fit you.

Also what happens in the campsite no longer stays at the campsite. Dang cell phone cameras.

mmandley
06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
I have extra room and even an extra tent. Come on down. With all the people going i bet we even have a board that would fit you.

Also what happens in the campsite no longer stays at the campsite. Dang cell phone cameras.

Yea now its what happens at X stays at X till you have Internet connection

Boonejeepin
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
I just booked site 23 (behind you all) for 7/20 and 7/21.

See you there!

sandm
06-13-2012, 01:58 PM
so how far is this from portland?

Boonejeepin
06-13-2012, 02:44 PM
so how far is this from portland?

2 hours, maybe a little less

bergermaister
06-13-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=driving+directions+portland+oregon+to+green+pet er+lake+oregon

KT Mobius
06-13-2012, 03:06 PM
If everything works out I'll be there for the day on saturday or Sunday and then it's off to Lake Billy. I'll see if I can't get Robert J to go as well. Has anyone heard about the buyers reunion or did I miss it?

bergermaister
06-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Haven't heard or seen scratch on the AWS reunion. Wonder if it's a no-go this year. Was right around this time of year in 2011. June 25 if I recall.

jester
06-13-2012, 06:09 PM
I have not seen anything on AWS's facebook page and they do not have it under their events.

Now the big question is how many people are up for the 7 AM riding?

Boonejeepin
06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
I'll ride at 5:30 am. I can't get enough.

dusty2221
06-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Boone, you need to move to Texas

Boonejeepin
06-13-2012, 09:37 PM
I was telling my wife the same thing just a few days ago. I would kill for a true 9-10 month boat season.

I try to make it 9 months here but it is still pretty chilly even with a 4/3 wetsuit, gloves, and bootys.

RobertJ
06-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Man what a bummer, we are out of town starting the 22nd for a week of pulling 60-80 high schoolers from our church youth group. I might try to hit the lake on Saturday but most likely won't be able to since I panic before big trips and try to finish all my projects around this house before we leave.

As far as the AWS boat Buyers Reunion I was told they might be doing it later this summer and make at some wake event at Foster Lake. Gerry was still looking into options. I always enjoy the reunion and the cruise to downtown Portland. It is fun to ride down by the big ships.

kaneboats
06-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey, good for you, man. You gonna cook for all of them on the onboard grill too????

RobertJ
06-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Kane, no Grillobius during this trip. It mostly becomes the "Tubolius" due to the lake conditions during our boat time shifts from 1:00 to 5:00. We normally have 4 boats and on ours we will put 10-13 on board. We also do an early morning run at 5:30 for people that want to ride the glass. We have taught many kids how to ride and it sure is fun to see the excitement on their faces. We also have kids from backgrounds that just being on a boat is a new and unknown experience for them.

I am humbled and blessed to be a part of this event as we watch young high schoolers build a closer/stronger relationship with God and their brothers and sisters in Christ. This is why we a boat. I have to remind myself when I get uptight, or I am packing 5 gallons can down the dock that it is His boat and for His glory.

jester
06-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Robert, good for you. Sorry that you will not make it but we understand. We will just meet up on the lake another time.

Next question. Who is bring pets and do they get along with other dogs?

Rick, Do you want to send us some Moomba swag so we can have different games to win and get free swag?

stretch55
06-14-2012, 04:18 PM
I am going to book ares tonight. For Friday the 20th - Monday the 23rd. We'll have to leave Monday afternoon. I am just waiting on Zac to decide if he wants to share a site with us or get 2 seperate sites.

mmandley
06-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Sounds awesome guys.

Boone and Jester, i might be persuaded to go first thing in the AM but it all depends on what happens in the PM lol.

Boonejeepin
06-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Sounds awesome guys.

Boone and Jester, i might be persuaded to go first thing in the AM but it all depends on what happens in the PM lol.

You have to go, at least to hold the flag!

Kelsey can give you one of the celebrity vitamin IVs.

jester
06-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Mike, I know it is a hard choice once you have been drinking until 3 AM to stay up or pass out but the solution is Just pass out on the boat or keep drinking until 5:30. Both work for me since the cops do not like it when you use a blow up doll as a third.

mmandley
06-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Both work for me since the cops do not like it when you use a blow up doll as a third.

Im at a slight loss for words, do i even want to how you know this, or why you tried this. LOL

jester
06-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Mike if you are at a loss for words then I have said something right. hahaha. Also when you need a third and an adult store is on the way you start thinking outside the box.

mmandley
06-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Mike if you are at a loss for words then I have said something right. hahaha. Also when you need a third and an adult store is on the way you start thinking outside the box.

I get your point man, i guess you can say shes a Wife for a day instead of Wife for a night LOL

jester
07-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Is anyone showing up to the lake Friday during the Day? I just found out I already took Friday the 20th off and wanted to get there early and take a few runs on the lake but my crew will not be able to show up until that night. Anyone Anyone?

Boonejeepin
07-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Is anyone showing up to the lake Friday during the Day? I just found out I already took Friday the 20th off and wanted to get there early and take a few runs on the lake but my crew will not be able to show up until that night. Anyone Anyone?

I would like to. I will confirm asap.

mmandley
07-07-2012, 02:56 PM
IM pretty sure i herd Eric say he is going up on Friday.

jester
07-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Good to know. I am ready to spend a weekend on the water.

cab13367
07-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Jester, I am leaving Portland Friday morning and should be there before noon and I will have at least one person with me.

mmandley
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Week and 2 days till this all starts, getting pretty excited, just spent 3 days on the water, pretty sore but its a late start to the season LOL. Ill be out 3 days every week till summer ends if i can LOL.

Just for the record i have confirmed i have Saturday off so we will be there late morning Noonish, set up camp and hit the lake in the afternoon.

jester
07-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Al, I do not know the time I will be up there but I will try for around noon so we have three. I will let you know as we get closer. Wait we are closer. One week away.

Also anyone want to help me drill two holes in my boat for my vent lines?

Boonejeepin
07-13-2012, 01:32 PM
My wife gets off work Friday morning at 7am. She said we will leave when she gets home.

Realistically we are likely to arrive around 2 or 3.

jester
07-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Have to love the time you say to the time the wife is really ready. Looks like a good Friday group is forming.

Boonejeepin
07-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Hey that's the way it is with a sleep deprived wife, 2 year old, and a 5 year old. 😄

mmandley
07-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Also anyone want to help me drill two holes in my boat for my vent lines?

Yup want me to bring my cordless drill? Or you bring the drill, blue tape, and hole saw bits. Or let me know what you dont have other then nerve and ill do it LOL. J/K Jester on the nerves LOL. No wait no im not, id be happy to drill some holes in someone elses boat other then mine.

bergermaister
07-14-2012, 10:26 AM
I'd like to quote our famous, now rarely seen moderator on this one from back when I was working on my ballast project...

NEWTY
"You bring the beer, I'll drill the holes!"

Jester - it's really not all that bad. Ok the FIRST one is a little nerve wracking. But after that no problemo.

jester
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Mike, Yes you are correct with the first statement. I will bring some beer, Drill and blue tape if you bring the bits needed. It is a 3/4 though hall fitting. Remember holes first then beer. I don't want this project to be a 2AM thing around the camp fire when you say hold my beer well I work on your boat.

Al, I also have a project for you too so you do not feel left out. I just got my new prop and prop puller so would like to get that installed. :). I am liking this Moomba meet already. Meet other Moomba owners, have a good time and work on Mikes boat.

beat taco
07-15-2012, 11:55 PM
FAIL, any good project always begins with "hold my beer and watch this"

Boonejeepin
07-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Jester - Bring a marker so you can mark the prop location on the shaft without the key and then with the key for final install. You want the prop to be fully seated on the shaft.

jester
07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I know projects do start with Hold my beer but I really do not want to look at it the next morning and go Now why did we put the fittings facing backwords.

I will make sure I have a marker.

Less then a week away. Time to get all the camping gear out and ready.

cab13367
07-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Sorry guys, looks like I won't make it after all as none of my crew can make it, and my family is still out of the country. Going to stick around town and do some other stuff. Have a great time!

Boonejeepin
07-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Al - sorry to hear that.

I am hoping to be there around noon on Friday. The wife changed her schedule and does not work Thursday night.

Brianinpdx
07-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Greetings guys - Just wanted to say that Mandley stopped by the office today and picked up a dozen or so buoy balls. We've got your float party covered !!

-Brian
Exile Audio

Boonejeepin
07-16-2012, 10:47 PM
It's going to be great!

Brian - Are you planning in being there? I know this time of year has to be insane for you .

jester
07-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Al, If you want to come out I have room on my boat for you.

Brian, Thank you. Are you going to make it out?

Boonejeepin
07-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Same here..... I have plenty of room as well.

cab13367
07-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys, it's a possibility. I know Mike (mandley) has room for me as well. If I can make it work, I may try to come down Saturday morning and leave Sunday mid day.

bergermaister
07-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Those attending ought to post up what boards / surfs they are bringing along. Would give each other the opportunity to get a "wish list" going of the gear you've always wanted to demo and who to hook up with to borrow for a ride.

Just a thought - wish I could be doing that!

jester
07-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Anyone have a new slingshot board with size 10 bindings? I really want to try out this board and bindings before I buy. I have all sorts of boards but my main board is a 2008 Slingshot response 138 size 10 bindings.

Al, I am thinking of putting up a poll on the main page saying "Should cab13367 (Al) make the time to spend time on the lake with great people since it will be in the 80's this weekend"
A) Yes he should not miss it even if his house is on fire
B) Yes buy only come for a day since camping with that NW group they get a little crazy
C) Sure why not
D) No he should stay at home and look out the window at the blue sky's and think about what he has done.

Al I understand being busy since last year i bailed so I really should stop giving you a hard time. When is your family coming back?

mmandley
07-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Jester, bring the prop and puller, i can help ya out on that one as i just replaced my boat prop.
Yes ill drill the hole and then have a beer. You on the other hand might need a couple beers before i drill the hole LOL.

Al would love to have you out even if its only a day or so. We wont be at the site till Saturday early afternoon i suspect, i plan to set up camp and hit the water for a later afternoon run.

Brian cant make it, ive been teasing him for a while, hes got other plans but sounds like he will get in the water on those plans.

Just got confirmation from Wake Makers, they are donating a Black fat brick <ballast bag that can be moved around easily.> to the event. I figure Sunday we can draw names as a raffle to see who gets it. 1 Drawing per Boat group, not per person LOL.

I have a few boards i can bring,

Surf boards
Triple X 5.0 Pro surfboard. I ride this all the time < Brains board >
Shapiro Ginsu <i think> surf board <steve rides this board all the time>
CWB Ride surf board <general beginners board> will bring at request
Liquid Force Venture surf board <general beginners board> will bring at request
Not sure the name surf board <6.0 board we got Claudia in Cali from Wake 9 crew very light surfs really stable>

Not sure of the make and brand but i will have a Wake Skate with me thanks to Wake Makers.

Wake boards,
Liquid Force with 11-13 open bindings <steve board>
Hyperlight State 10 closed bindings <my board>
2 womens boards dont know size or bindings LOL.

Boonejeepin
07-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I'll will have...

CWB Ride
CWB Blackjack
Some old Liquid Force

Ocean shortboard

Slingshot Response 137 w sz 10 boots
Ronix ? w L open toe bindings

2 person tube

I could bring a Connely Pilot slalom ski, combo skis, jr wakeboard, jr skis, LuLu tube (steerable tube), or a ski trainer if anyone wants me to.

jester
07-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Mike. I have the prop and puller already packed. Also what type of beer are you drinking now a days.

I really wish i could still get up on a slalom ski but I am old and fat and well out of shape. Also what is the tube thing listed for. Must be for when we are floating and you need to move the smokers away from the group.

Boonejeepin
07-18-2012, 10:08 PM
My 2 year old and 5 year old will be in tow this weekend. Most of the time the tube wastes storage space on the boat.

mmandley
07-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Mike. I have the prop and puller already packed. Also what type of beer are you drinking now a days.

I really wish i could still get up on a slalom ski but I am old and fat and well out of shape. Also what is the tube thing listed for. Must be for when we are floating and you need to move the smokers away from the group.

IM not to picky about Free beer LOL.
I normally drink,
Coors Light, Bud Light, PBR, Modello, Dos XX, Corona Light, MGD light, Bud Lime, get the theam? If you can see threw it i like it most of the time LOL

jester
07-18-2012, 11:23 PM
I can understand pulling the kids on the tube. and it is a lot of space for something is is not used that often but it makes the kids happy.

Mike Mike Mike, Now i really have to give you a bad time about this. You live in Oregon, better yet the Portland Area and you drink Coors Light. I am hopping one of my friends comes that does home brew and he brings some really good beer but I really cannot bring myself to bring this light stuff even if it is camping. Well I guess I might be able too since you are helping me drill some holes in the boat and I now am ok with the saying "Hold my beer well i try this" from you.

mmandley
07-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I can understand pulling the kids on the tube. and it is a lot of space for something is is not used that often but it makes the kids happy.

Mike Mike Mike, Now i really have to give you a bad time about this. You live in Oregon, better yet the Portland Area and you drink Coors Light. I am hopping one of my friends comes that does home brew and he brings some really good beer but I really cannot bring myself to bring this light stuff even if it is camping. Well I guess I might be able too since you are helping me drill some holes in the boat and I now am ok with the saying "Hold my beer well i try this" from you.

I like me some home brew man, I drink lots of different types, just on the boat i like my beer to be light and dry, i dont like heavy flavored beers that weight you down, i like piss water beer on the boat basically LOL.

Im not a fan of IPA, or Reds or really bitter tasting beers, other then that im pretty easy about my beers, there like women to me, i love to try them all, i just dont want to keep to many of them around for to long LOL

Boonejeepin
07-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

jester
07-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!
^^^^^^LIKE

Mike. That is a great saying I am going to have to use that.

Boonejeepin
07-19-2012, 11:57 AM
I have not met most of you so look for me.....1543915440

mmandley
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM
SHouldnt be a problem Russ, i know everyone and ill make sure we get some introductions, besides if your in our camp area and have a Moomba you are part of the jam or ill make you part of it LOL

Brianinpdx
07-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Guys - wish I could make it. Things are nuts right now. I've got a family Hawain Lau (did I spell that right?) this weekend and then a 6 hour drive to a remote lake with a wakeboard group in Eastern WA.

Mikes got my XXX board. enjoy it everyone! :>

moombadaze
07-19-2012, 04:36 PM
a remote lake with a wakeboard group in Eastern WA. :>

Brian, what lake would that be, just wondering as thats where Im from originally

Brianinpdx
07-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Daze - I'll be at Banks Lake Resort for the weekend. You near by? If so, come join me....

jester
07-20-2012, 12:41 AM
So just an update. Baby's have a way of causing all sorts of issues even before they are born. I will still be making it up but my crew was going to come up friday night now will not be coming and my other part of the crew does not get in until Saturday afternoon. Might need to borrow two people for Saturday morning. On a plus note gives everyone some more time wakeboarding. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

mmandley
07-20-2012, 09:21 AM
HAHA for a second Mike, i was like Mikes gonna be a daddy? I didnt even know he had a serious woman LOL.
No worries man I will get there ASAP Saturday, i know Russ is going up there today, Im pretty Sure Eric is going today as well, so im sure you will get some people to jump in the boat, or let you jump on there boat. As for Early morning runs, Sun Mon Tues i could be persuaded and im sure Steve as well.

Im looking forward to ridign this Wake Skate Wake Makers loaned me yesterday, i think i might like it more then wake boarding as the biggest issue i have with a Wake board is im attached to it and i really hate being attached to anything.

Ill be thinking of you guys today, i gotta put in another 12.5 hour day playing with Chemical treatment systems.

Then i can go home and load the gear up, wash the truck in the AM, wash the boat again, top her off with Fuel, and roll out Saturday.

I was wondering, anyone know if theres a Marina with fuel out there? I know we are right next to Foster lake also do they have a Marina? Or are we going going to be making trips to town for fuel? I generaly use 1/2 a tank a day so i dont go back to back days without fueling or a Marina.

jester
07-20-2012, 10:41 AM
i really hate being attached to anything.

Umm if you hate being attached to anything then why did you buy a house and last time i checked you were Engaged. It does not get much more attached then that. hahaha

Also you do not need a serious woman to get her knocked up. Have you ever watched Jerry? No I do not have a kid on the way but my boat crew has a friend that should have popped the little one out already but now they are going to give the kid a push today.

There is no Marina at the lake. The closest gas station is back in Sweet home. About 15 miles away. Welcome to Oregon boating at high lakes. humm thinking about this there is only like 5 lakes in Oregon that have marina's with gas stations. But if you run out of Gas on Sunday i would be happy to give you a tow back to the dock.

mmandley
07-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Umm if you hate being attached to anything then why did you buy a house and last time i checked you were Engaged. It does not get much more attached then that. hahaha

Also you do not need a serious woman to get her knocked up. Have you ever watched Jerry? No I do not have a kid on the way but my boat crew has a friend that should have popped the little one out already but now they are going to give the kid a push today.

There is no Marina at the lake. The closest gas station is back in Sweet home. About 15 miles away. Welcome to Oregon boating at high lakes. humm thinking about this there is only like 5 lakes in Oregon that have marina's with gas stations. But if you run out of Gas on Sunday i would be happy to give you a tow back to the dock.

Well truth be known, my name isnt even on the new house, we put this one in Claudia's name because owning a house is one of the best ways to raise your credit score, and mines pretty maxed out, but hers needed help LOL. It was also easier to get the loan with her name alone because i still had ownership of my old home when we had to sign the deal to build the new one.

I technically only own the bike, the boat, and the Truck. I think i like it that way LOL.

Well i like my boat to be doing the towing, and i only like it towed on a trailer behind my truck LOL.

mmandley
07-29-2012, 01:07 PM
FInally getting some time to upload pictures and such of the event. Sadly there isnt very many, no one really seemed to take to many pictures LOL. Most of the gang showed up Friday night and Left Sunday early afternoon.

I managed to sneak in some pics Sunday morning while everyone but me of course was asleep.

I was hopping Sunday would be a good day for us all to hit the water together but it didnt happen that way. Most were packing up and leaving.

Saturday when we got to the campsite most were out on the water enjoying the day, we set up camp and about 4pm people started comming in. I got time to chat and talk with everyone, and then at 630, us, Russ crew, and Eric's, crew headed down to the ramp. It was cool seeing all threww Moombas at the ramp and launching.

It was a great event, next year ill try to get more time off work and see if i cant get out there on Friday so we all have Saturday and some of Sunday to hang out.

Water was great, was 74 at the coldest and 78 at the warmest, wind was bad at times but still found good riding conditions. Worst day by fare was Tuesday with 15mph winds and gusts in the 20s, Claudia maned up and said she would surf it in the chennel we found. She was able to surf fine but when we had to go pick her up it was a huge ordeal. I was really showing my driving skills, as the wind was pushing me into her, and the shore, the channel was only about 60ft wide. I was constantly bumping throttle forward and reverse to control the boat, then had to pull her up and get away from the shore line lol. We eventually called it and went home, then went to Hagg. 85 and glass all afternoon.

Heres some pics.

Sunday morning, letting the gear dry out from Saturday night.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0110-1.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0113-1.jpg

Went back to all Chrome on the tower
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0111.jpg

mmandley
07-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Other attendees.

Millerdad <Derek>
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0114-1.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0115.jpg

Jester <Mike>
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0116.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0117.jpg

Yes i did drill those holes in his boat, and got me a 6 pack of tall boys ohh yea.

mmandley
07-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Boonejeepin <Russ>
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0119.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0120.jpg

Stretch <Eric>
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0124.jpg

Eric just got himself a sweet new 06 6.0 Diesel very nice truck.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0123.jpg

mmandley
07-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Only real pictures we took with the D5100 got several on random cell phones though LOL

Headed out to the boat, about to make Oso take a swim since he decided to roll in the dirt all morning.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0125.jpg

Swimming back
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0126.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0127.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0128.jpg

Boonejeepin
07-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Next year I will be sure to make sure that our work schedules clear up a bit so we can be out on the water together more. Would have loved to spend more time on the water with everyone.

And... My girls will be a year older and a little easier to mange at the campsite and on the boat. The 5 year old knows the drill but the 2 year old gets worn out quickly.

Boonejeepin
07-29-2012, 03:15 PM

beat taco
07-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the pics guys!

moombadaze
07-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Looks like a good time and thanks for sharing

04OUTBACK
07-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Lakes are beautiful.. but... Wetsuits? End of July? OUCH.

Boonejeepin
07-30-2012, 09:56 AM

I am a wetsuit wimp. It is just so toasty....

Cigars n scotch
07-30-2012, 09:57 AM

My thoughts exactly but the scenery is definitely awesome. The pictures of your campsites with the moss on the trees is a true depiction of what I think the PNW looks like (all based off movies of course). Looks beautiful, but I don't think I'd be happy wearing a wetsuit in the summer.

jester
07-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Don't worry I have already giving him a hard time about the wetsuit in July. That water is not that cold. I think it was 74 or so. Ok Russ I cannot give you too hard of a time since you let me enjoy the wake on your boat and fall on my face. Also It was great to meet everyone and talk around the camp fires.

beat taco
07-30-2012, 11:52 AM
The water was only 6-8 degrees warmer at Shasta. Now it's back to the 68 degree river. Yay!

jester
07-30-2012, 12:11 PM
You have to love the 60's water temp in Oregon.

I also have to say a big thanks to Mike for helping me drill the holes in my boat. Look I hit my switch again but did not have to worry about flooding my boat this time. Now I really need to move the switches to were we talked about.

bergermaister
07-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Great pics fellas - wish we could have joined you. Maybe next year!

I'm amazed the water was that warm - I was east on the Columbia and it was still only reading 66 out there. Nice and crisp on a 96 degree day with no wind.

mmandley
07-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Please Please dont less Russ and his love for wet suits fool you into thinking our water is that cold all the time LOL.

Russ has a love for wet suits like most have for beer. Russ is just scred to get a sun tan thats teh reason he wears it all the time LOL.

So fare the temps at the lakes i have been to are

Hagg 76-78
Green Peeter 68-74
Foster 72-74

Thats pretty typical for our lake bodies,

The rivers tend to stay mid to high 60s all summer.

The nice thing is we dont have to be 100 to be warm out, growing up in AZ you are used to 100s all the time and the sun feels pretty warm

In Oregon if its 60 and sunny the Sun actually feels pretty warm and by the time you get to 80 your honestly thinking man its getting pretty dam hot.

I know i know you other southern boys are shaking your heads saying you dont know heat till you been down in our area, your rightfully so, but i dont have water at 90+ eighter LOL

Boonejeepin
07-31-2012, 11:26 AM
I do love my wetsuit!

beat taco
07-31-2012, 12:03 PM
I have yet to see the air temperature hit the water temperature since I've been back. The air temp was 95-100 the entire time. I already miss California!

mmandley
07-31-2012, 12:31 PM
I have yet to see the air temperature hit the water temperature since I've been back. The air temp was 95-100 the entire time. I already miss California!

The air meets the water temp here in June and Oct lol

mmandley
07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Sorry it took so long, but with the work schedule and then the Wake the World, im just getting to the ballast bag raffle.

Boonejeepin, Millerdad, Stretch, Jester, Myself were the 5 boats there. Sorry Al if you would have came for the afternoon i would have tossed you in the hat LOL.

I gave Russ a 400lb for free out of my personal stash, so i took him out of the drawing.
I added my Friend Steve because he has a boat but its a I/O he wake boards behind to keep the drawing 25% chance LOL.

Millerdad is the winner, I will get with you to give you the bag and help you get a pump if you need one to fill it.

Thanks everyone for making this years event so great,

Next year we will plan it around the same time <mid July> and hope to get more of our fellow SC bretherin involved.

jester
07-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Yah for winning. If you need a pump I have an extra one you can have. I even have some hoses too.

jester
07-31-2012, 03:15 PM
I do love my wetsuit!

I have to say yes you do since you put it on before you even thought about getting in the water when you were just driving the boat around.

wolfeman131
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
I do love my wetsuit!

let it go to about 1:12 and you'll know why ole' Boone loves his wetsuit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMc9B7uDV8

beat taco
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Not sure how you got that scene into this thread but nice work!

zabooda
08-05-2012, 10:01 PM
I just got back from a lake in eastern Washington with 79 degree water and 90-100 degree air and a lot of mosquitos at the campground. Good places are hard to find.