PDA

View Full Version : Finally got her out today

motosno963
05-23-2012, 02:10 AM
So today i finally got the boat on the canal..just to test her out.. everything seemed to work good..the only thing that bugged me was when me and my buddy where going down the canal and i dont know if i hit a small log or something and the boat jerked a tad and started to shake..so i got off the gas then slowly got back on it and it did it again..it stopped when i put her in revers and then back into forward..i dont know what caused it but i think it only happens when im on the canal and not the bay..oh and as you can see in the picture my back sun pad is trashed from the sun..she dried up and just started to fall apart last year..moneys tight but i want to redo my seats this year,and also replace my tower cans.im missing one due to the fact that that thin metal broke off around my mount so i want to replace the two end cans

wolfeman131
05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
just read your other post about the prop and you might want to shift a few projects around to fit in your budget. You need to move a new prop to the top of your list. If you can visibly see dings/nicks in it, you need a new one or have that one repaired ASAP. These boats don't like a prop that's outta whack and many more issues will arise if you keep running it.

A new prop will run you $500, or so. Getting your current one fixed up might be 1/2 of that, on the high side. If you can scrape up the coin, I say do both - get a new one & have the current fixed up for a spare.

Sorry to spend your $$, but I think things will only get worse for you if you don't address the prop ASAP. The speakers and seats are NICE to have, but the prop is a NEED to have, IMO.

wolfeman131
05-23-2012, 08:33 AM
I got an idea for a cheap fix for your sunpad. Go to a fabric store and get some blue terrycloth towel material. Mmandley (really his better half, Claudia) made some removable covers for their sunpad, but since you need to replace yours, I say wrap the material around and staple it on the bottom. It'll look better than the exposed foam, should be relatively cheap fix and you can pass it off on the ladies as a cool mod you came up with just for them.

sandm
05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
100% agree with wolfe. I hit a rock and had to get my prop repaired. it was only $89. spend the coin on that before you put it in the water again... you will regret it down the road when you're tranny or vdrive starts to act up from all the vibrations..

bergermaister
05-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Another agree with prop fix - mine have averaged $165 for a basic fix the last couple times.

As for the vibrations - A few times I've tangled with a long skinny stick that wraps around the rudder and gets dragged. Doesn't cause any damage - just feels weird.

Just drop the odd can off the tower and you've got two that match until it's replacement time!

dusty2221
05-23-2012, 11:54 AM
That looks like a SICK place to ride!

jmvotto
05-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Not sure you can really ride on that canal...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
05-23-2012, 01:35 PM
due to regulatory restrictions?

have you ever seen the guys that winch ride across a flooded ditch? that's some nasty stuff!

motosno963
05-23-2012, 04:21 PM
ohh no you cant..when i moved up here from KY i thought it would be fun to wakeboard down the canal..bad idea..about a week later the state troopers came to my house with a truck ready to take my boat and arrest me for it..in the end i sweet talked the two into giving me 3 tickets that came to about $250(Gave them the story that i was in the Army down in KY and use to wakeboard on the rivers down there and didnt know the rules here in NY)..since i just brought it up i had yet to register it in NY so i got a ticket for that($50), having a wake in a no wake zone ($50), and the $150 kicker for (i cant remember it off the top of my head) but it was almost like reckless endangerment because i was wakeboarding on the canal..i took the whole wrap for it since it was me a like 2 other friends...never will do that again ha

iwaterskihard
05-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Fix the prop issue first NO QUESTIONS!!! Buddy of mine who owns an MC thought he could get away with a small ding and lived with the vibrations for a month. Prop cost him $189.00 to fix. Not bad but the rest of the bill for the remaining issues he had to fix was $3400.00 when all was said and done! And his boat sat in the repair line for a month!

Cosmetic issues are just that - cosmetic. If you're boat is running well and you have a few upgrades needed it doesn't matter dude YOU'RE STILL ON THE WATER HAVING FUN!!!!!