PDA

View Full Version : loose handle

mnpracing
05-22-2012, 11:09 PM
I have a loose handle :eek:

Ok my throttle handle is loose. It has some play front to back when it's in the neutral position. But more concerning to me is the side to side looseness. It has about an inch movement left and right, on either side of center. Does anyone know how the throttle lever is assembled? I'm assuming I need to disassemble it to figure out where the play is coming from, but don't want to tear into it if there are things I need to be aware of so I don't screw it up.

kaneboats
05-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Haven't taken one of these off but I have a theory for stuff like this. It goes like this: They put it on there so that means it also comes off. It's probably very hard to reach the back side. But, if it goes on and comes off it will also tighten up.

Steal a couple make-up mirrors from the boss and a good flashlight and try to get a look. And/or reach your arm up in there any way you can and see if you can feel anything loose. Good luck!

kaneboats
05-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Take a look at these:

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=106266

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=108014

Might see something helpful.

mnpracing
05-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Kane, I'm going to dig into it tonight and see what I can figure out.

mnpracing
05-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Fixed it. It was pretty simple once I stared at it for a while. There is a set screw at the bottom of the throttle handle that needed to be tightened.

rdlangston13
05-28-2012, 01:10 PM
I have the right front grab handle loose on my boat and I can't reach it, my girl tightened it for my by hand a month ago cause I didnt bring the right sized socket and I would like to use a socket and get it all the way tight but I hate taking the speaker out over and over again.

How many times can you remove a speaker and put it back into fiberglass before the fiber glass will no longer hold the screw??

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk