PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Teak Swim Deck - 06 Outback DD

pogofx
05-22-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm looking for a teak swim deck to replace my fiberglass one on my '06 Outback DD. Someone backed into my fiberglass one and crushed it. Luckily there was no damage to the brackets, mounts or transom. I wanted to replace it with teak - just personal preference. Trying to get something in the next 2-3 weeks. The dealership is quite expensive and I think ordering a custom one will take a little too long. Thanks.

wolfeman131
05-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Search the Supra forum a somebody just made one over there out of African Mahogany or some fancy wood like that and it looked awesome. I think he stated less than $200 in materials.

pogofx
05-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks, I'll check that out. Hoping that maybe someone around here has one they want to sell. I know that a few folks have switched out their teak for fiberglass with Seadek and I'm sure there are a few others who are wanting to do the same.

pogofx
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Looks like I may just have to order one from the dealership. Didn't want to pay that much, but needing to get it soon. Can't seem to find a used one and some of the custom ones take too long to get or are more expensive than the dealer.

On a related note, I had real problems getting the dealerships to give me a written quote so I could get put a claim in with insurance (not my fault, some guy ran his RV into my boat). One dealership just kept promising to get back to me and the other flat out refused to give me anything without my boat there. I wasn't about to spend 6 hours round trip to get a piece of paper. They were more than happy to tell me the price over the phone, but didn't want to spend 5 minutes putting it on paper and e-mailing it to me unless they knew they were getting my business. It was like "we're not giving you an estimate unless you're giving us the money" and I was like "I can't get the money until you give me an estimate." Very infuriating. I eventually called Skier's Choice and told Jon, in parts, my story and he wrote a quote up and e-mailed it right away. A real nice guy with good customer service. Thanks Jon! I guess the dealers were busy with Memorial Day weekend, but that's no excuse.