PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Board behind dash not staying attached - loose connections

mtvfiremedic
05-22-2012, 01:35 AM
2002 Mobius LSV -

ok - I looked underneath after Nav Lights flickering . Noticed that my circuit board was really loose and not connecting well to the other half that is attached to the switches - I also noted that the switch area is curved but the board is not - making for difficult reconnection - anyone else have this problem? If so any solutions to keep circuit board better attached to the other half. Seems like it should be a better fit. Is there a bolt/nut combo that came off that keeps it all together or am I just missing something?

Thanks for the help- I've tried to trouble shoot but I thought the board could help -

Brian

wolfeman131
05-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Can you post up a pic?

Nobodyrides4Free
05-22-2012, 09:38 AM
I had the same issue on my 02 Mobius V. Had to remove the first panel. There are 2, one that connects to another panel
that connects to the switches theselves.
Had to remove the first panel and then clean up terminals. When you get it off
make sure the board behind the switches is pushed back onto the switches good. Just hold the switches with one hand then
push the panel back on.
The panel on the switches should have spades that plug into the panel you took off. Make sure they are straight. Then you can put back on.
Before you do though, Make sure all the connectors and wires on the main circut board are all tight. I had to re crimp some of
mine, This may be your flickering light issue. The connectors get corroded and wiggle loose.
I kept having issues with stuff not working, after I did the panel cleanup and re-crimping they went away. Dont have pics,
did this before I knew about the forum and joined. Its not that hard to do.

Nobodyrides4Free
05-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I had the same issue on my 02 Mobius V. Had to remove the first circut panel. There are 2, one that connects to another panel
that connects to the switches theselves.
Had to remove the first panel and then clean up terminals. When you get it off
make sure the board behind the switches is pushed back onto the switches good. Just hold the switches with one hand then
push the panel back on.
The panel on the switches should have spades that plug into the panel you took off. Make sure they are straight. Then you can put back on.
Before you do though, Make sure all the connectors and wires on the main circut board are all tight. I had to re crimp some of
mine, This may be your flickering light issue. The connectors get corroded and wiggle loose.
I kept having issues with stuff not working, after I did the panel cleanup and re-crimping they went away. Dont have pics,
did this before I knew about the forum and joined. Its not that hard to do.