PDA

View Full Version : Boatmate replacement LED tail/turn signal

Cigars n scotch
05-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Odd thing happening on my boatmate trailer LED turn/tail light, the left turn signal is not working but the tail light is on (you should all laugh a little now because I try "not" to take a route with a left turn as much as I can). So had my father take a look at it with his volt meter and he checked both the receiver adapter wiring as well as the trailer light and told me that I must need a new unit for the tail/turn signal.

So I go on boatmate's replacement parts website and look at their LED lights and the only thing I find that matches is this: http://www.boatmateparts.com/products/LED+Lights+and+Grommets-tag-LED+Lights+and+Grommets/LAMP%2C+OVAL+TAIL-LED+%28AMBER%29-t-60-1033.htm

but that is in an AMBER casing and my light is RED. I didn't look to much into the light so I don't know whether or not, nor how easy it would be, to swap the red casing onto the new light with the amber casing. I just thought I would find a direct replacement. Called boatmate earlier and there phone customer service is pretty lame, basically sends you to the service/parts managers voicemail and he tells you on the message to email him. I emailed them tonight and figured I ask around here to see if anyone else has had to replace these lights and if so did you go through boatmateparts and what was your experience and if not how'd you replace it?

Justin

Dubwake21
05-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, Boatmate only has Jerry from what I have ever gathered. He is good to work with, but can be hard to reach. I just recently replaced almost all of my lights, and I did so from trailerpartsdepot.com. Same connection and size as original parts, but about half the price with pretty quick delivery. As far as swapping out the lens, I would suggest against it, if it is even possible. It may be hard to duplicate the waterproofing once you break the seal. It is a really easy DIY, but hit me up if you need any help.

wolfeman131
05-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I think you might even be able to find a replacement at Wallyworld.

04OUTBACK
05-21-2012, 11:03 PM
you just need 1?
I might have one in garage

Cigars n scotch
05-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm going to check trailerpartsdepot, thanks dubwake. Wallyworld? I don't think so at least with the ones up here. There's a very small "boating section" in the walmarts around here. They def. do not carry LED trailer lights.

Yeah I need just one.

wolfeman131
05-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Not in the boating section. In the trailering section where they have the hitches, etc.

04OUTBACK
05-21-2012, 11:18 PM
All I have are incandescent off my 06 trailer.

zabooda
05-22-2012, 01:18 AM
I would check trailer fab shops and farm accessory places. I would think all LED lights would be sealed as they have the electronics that hate water.

moombadaze
05-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Justin, try to remove that lense and see if there is a name on it, then google it and find a retailer. I had to do that on a fishing boat trailer and turned out wallyworld had it.

dusty2221
05-22-2012, 07:37 AM
You have "tractor supply" near you? Around here they have pretty much any trailer part you need

Nobodyrides4Free
05-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Wally world does carry them, you can order on line and have shipped to your Walmart. Takes like 3 days. $15.00
Menards has them too.
Everyone is starting to carry them now days.

Cigars n scotch
05-22-2012, 11:42 AM
WTF, trailerpartsdepot wants $18.95 shipping for 3 items that cost $32 and weighs 3 lbs. No way! $52 for $30 worth of merchandise, ridiculous.

I took it out and snapped some pics of the numbers on it so I'll try google the wonder search.

Cigars n scotch
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I found it for $10 a light at ryderfleetproducts.com

Bought 2 just in case. Oh and it was $7 shipping. So $28 in all.

Cigars n scotch
05-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Oh and Wally world did have them online to my surprise but just like boat mate they were the amber lense.