PDA

View Full Version : Silencer Leak

BLKOUTLS
05-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately both silencers front and back sides have sprung pin holes in them. Summerization went great until I saw this. New filters,gaskets,tstat and impellar and two throttle pumps and came right to life. Anyone have a sure fire way to release the exhaust hoses easily. We did it on my buddies old pcm a few years ago and it was a bear. We tried heating them, hose pullers you name it and took about 2 hours get them off. I am thinking of fiberglassing these to repair and also incorporating some additional mount points. I think since there is only a single strap at the front holding these it may be the cause as all the leaks are on the face of these.

viking
05-13-2012, 11:20 PM
No clue what model/year boat you have but my DD had both silencers leaking last year. I noticed it when I winterized. Contacted UltraMarine directly and they had me send them both out to them. They fixed them both and shipped them back. I was only out shipping one way. They came apart at the front joint.
My issue was a defective set of silencers but they initially thought it was an overheat issue until they received them and got to look them over.

As to removing them, it was cake on on my boat

BLKOUTLS
05-14-2012, 12:21 AM
I thought I had my boat in my sig It's an 02 LS . I'm curious as it seems on my looking at them the sealer where they joined them seems to be failing some type of white sealant. I wonder if ultra marine was making them then. May be worth a call as they might be able to shed some light. I bet since the exhausts haven't been off since it was built it'll just take som more persuasion.