PDA

View Full Version : Air Release Bag Plug

snyderaaron
05-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Anybody try these over the regular bag plugs? Are they worth spending the extra dollar for them?

Hoopskier
05-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Are these what you are refering to?
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w749.html

I took my original plug that came with the bag and drilled my own hole in it to vent air. Works fine, no additional cost. But it does look like the manufacturer vent has longer threads, which could prevent accidentally completely unscrewing the plug, to vent.

snyderaaron
05-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Yep those are what I Ment

wolfeman131
05-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I have used both and I would say they are worth the extra $$.

hgvandy
05-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I agree with wolfeman. I have loved mine and would buy them all over again.

jmvotto
05-14-2012, 09:00 AM
much easier to burp air out of you bag without spilling alot.

Cigars n scotch
05-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Are you guys burping bags that you have in the cabin of the boat or do you really burp bags that are plumbed? Just curious. All my stock bags came with these plugs. (granted everyone has a different model boat and year)

lsvboombox
05-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I just burp the cabin sacs. My locker sacs are vented

ditchsnake
05-15-2012, 08:54 PM
If you roll the bags at home and get the air out you don't need to burp them

E4NASH
05-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Are you guys burping bags that you have in the cabin of the boat or do you really burp bags that are plumbed? Just curious. All my stock bags came with these plugs. (granted everyone has a different model boat and year)

Yeah, I've been having to burp all of my bags. I even roll up the non plumbed in bags and I still have to burp them. I Just noticed they sent them to me when I ordered my new 750 bags. I put them in yesterday in my 400s that I throw around for extra weight and am going to try them this weekend. I put check valves in and relocated my vent lines on the bags yesterday. So hopefully that will help with the draining and will help with the air buildup I am having. ZERO air or water was getting pushed out of my vent lines beforehand. So we'll see...Will post results Saturday night.

Cigars n scotch
05-16-2012, 04:20 PM
I would really appreciate it if someone can take video of their ballast setup and post it while draining. I need to resolve my issue of my rear locker bags no draining all the way. I think I'm going to just have to call Jason at WM but then I know my CC will be taking a $1000 hit. :(

kaneboats
05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
I usually run about 12-15 mph with the bow high to finish draining my sacs. They get pretty dry when I do this.

As for venting, I had issues with my surf bag and had to unscrew the vent cap all the time as it finished filling. I cut a new hole in the bag and added a vent line using an old thru hull (side) and some rubber cement. Now I have a vent line with a check valve in it. It sounds like a foghorn when the bag vents so I can hear it working. (I couldn't use the vent cap port because I added a second fill line into that port.)

patrick232
05-17-2012, 02:49 PM
I usually run about 12-15 mph with the bow high to finish draining my sacs. They get pretty dry when I do this.

As for venting, I had issues with my surf bag and had to unscrew the vent cap all the time as it finished filling. I cut a new hole in the bag and added a vent line using an old thru hull (side) and some rubber cement. Now I have a vent line with a check valve in it. It sounds like a foghorn when the bag vents so I can hear it working. (I couldn't use the vent cap port because I added a second fill line into that port.)

Do you have more info on the vent you added? My bag only has an in and out, no vent.

kaneboats
05-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I learned this one from JMVotto but he got it from the tige forum as he explains in this post. It's just using a thru-hull fitting to make another fitting on the bag where you can hook a hose. Brilliant if you ask me. Here's the thread about it:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?14056-Adding-a-vent-to-a-two-port-ballat-bag&highlight=vent