PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover or Ipad

motosno963
05-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Sooo my mothers birthday is coming up on the 21st and she wants a Ipad for her birthday..so i told her i would buy one( i only make a little over $11/hr so moneys tight) and i need a new boat cover and they both cost about the same ..$400..i just realized i can do monthly payments on the ipad from Best Buy, so im thinking get the boat cover and just pay monthly for the Ipad..oorrr should i just buy the Ipad and wait on the boat cover (FYI i have been out of a boat cover for almost a year now and i use a tarp..i know its dumb)

deerfield
05-11-2012, 10:47 PM
moto - If the tarp is doing its job of keeping the boat dry and protecting it from the sun, then skip the new cover for another year. Pay cash for the Ipad. Figure out what the financing charge would cost you and apply that money to the new cover. - Deerfield

jpetty3023
05-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Momma first, grab the iPad. BUT, my best buy card is 0 interest 6months so you might be able to make both work!

Sent from my home phone..

E4NASH
05-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Momma first, grab the iPad. BUT, my best buy card is 0 interest 6months so you might be able to make both work!

Sent from my home phone..

^^what he said...mine is the same. I hate that thing! Everytime I pay it off I find something else I 'NEED'. Frickin tech junkie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cigars n scotch
05-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Buying something like an iPad on credit is a silly idea. Get your mom her gift. If your tarp is doing the job then save up and buy the cover later. Be financially smart.

millerda68
05-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Pretty much agree with all that was said above. If the tarp is working, keep using it and get momma taken care of. Maybe shoot for the end of the season for the cover so you can get all locked down for the winter months.

New Guy
05-13-2012, 12:48 AM
yup get the iPad and watch eBay for a cover i picked mine up for under 200

motosno963
05-13-2012, 12:32 PM
i got her the ipad ha..i tried to do the best buy card but some how i wasn't approved...i dont know why my credit score is just under 700..ohh well..but yeaa..i surprised her with a ipad for mothers day/ birthday present..so now its my turn to get what i need for my boat haha