PDA

View Full Version : Outback W/Tower Boat Cover

motosno963
05-09-2012, 04:55 PM
So back in 09 i picked up my 04 outback with a tower and it came with a cover..first time it rained it acted like it wasnt even there and rain was just coming through like no tomorrow.. then last year some how the mice got a hold of it and its shot..anyone know where i can get a new, fairly reasonable priced one that will hold out the rain? i found a sharkskin supreme SD cover on iboats.com for $440.74...i would like to get a sunbrella cover but thats big bucks that i dont have haha

iwaterskihard
05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I have the same cover you're looking at from iboats on my Outback. I'm more than happy with the fit and for the price you can't go wrong. All the cutouts and velcro match the boat perfectly. My only complaint about it is the fact that it will still collect water in the back area behind the motor and in front of the back seat.

That being said a little creativity with a couple broken hockey sticks and a tennis ball I simply put up a small support post there when covering the boat and now the water runs off of it as one wants.

motosno963
05-09-2012, 05:23 PM
well i still have the poles from the old cover so im not going to pay $40 extra bucks for that haha..now i just have to save up some money and pick up the cover

maxpower220
05-09-2012, 06:23 PM
I had a local shop make a 2 piece snap on cover. It was only slightly more than that and it works great. Just throwing out an option to have a custom one made.

motosno963
05-09-2012, 06:30 PM
i have been throwing that idea around it would be nice when im out on the water tubing in 3 foot rollers hah, and when im not using the bow..my only problem i might have to take my boat to a place to get it priced out and my boat stinks for MPG as it is w/o the boat haha