PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the Gravity III ballast system on an 07 LSV

varun
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
We have a 2007 Mobius LSV which came with the Gravity III ballasts from the factory. We're constantly been having problems with these and the Moomba dealer has been addressing them through the factory warranty, early this year there were some valves that were not working apparently as the bags would fill when the boat is in motion, so id have to drain them after a 20 minute cruise every time.
Whats happening now is that the rear LEFT bag will not drain, but it will fill. Other bags work fine. I hear the pump fill the rear left bag but when I hit the drain switch, nothing happens and no noise. Right before it stopped working, it would drain very slowly like it was struggling. The filter is clear so cant be debris in the pump. Please advise if I can fix this myself as I dont want to haul it all the way back to the dealer if its simple and I can fix it myself. Thanks in advance.

kaneboats
05-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Sounds like either you blew a fuse or the pump is junk. You have to make sure you have power to the pump itself. If not, check the fuse. Or just check the fuse first. I think these are the ones way up under the dash. You have to lay on your back with a flashlight and search up under the dash in the center to right of the middle. Easy to replace once you find the right one. You might consider disconnecting the pump and seeing if it will run with 12v put to it. But, no noise means it's not running, not an air bubble or something like you get with the fill pump.

varun
05-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Sounds like either you blew a fuse or the pump is junk. You have to make sure you have power to the pump itself. If not, check the fuse. Or just check the fuse first. I think these are the ones way up under the dash. You have to lay on your back with a flashlight and search up under the dash in the center to right of the middle. Easy to replace once you find the right one. You might consider disconnecting the pump and seeing if it will run with 12v put to it. But, no noise means it's not running, not an air bubble or something like you get with the fill pump.
Thanks, thats a start and i'll check the fuse. So the pump used to fill this bag is not the same as the pump used to drain it then? I'd imagine there was one pump per bag that just reversed to drain but i'm guessing this is a more complex system with solenoid valves etc? I fear that the pump is just burned out if there is an independent pump that only drains that bag but if thats the case, should there not be six pumps for three bags?

kaneboats
05-08-2012, 01:40 PM
In your year (and mine) the GIII use a single fill pump (Rule 2000 @ 1200 gph) to fill everything. When you turn a switch on it energizes the pump and opens the appropriate sprinkler valve. It uses a separate Rule 700 or 800 to empty each bag. So you have 4 pumps total. If the pump is junk you can get one almost just like it at WalMart for under $30. Check the fuse first though.

ga-lsv05
06-07-2012, 01:52 PM
We have a 2007 Mobius LSV which came with the Gravity III ballasts from the factory. We're constantly been having problems with these and the Moomba dealer has been addressing them through the factory warranty, early this year there were some valves that were not working apparently as the bags would fill when the boat is in motion, so id have to drain them after a 20 minute cruise every time.
Whats happening now is that the rear LEFT bag will not drain, but it will fill. Other bags work fine. I hear the pump fill the rear left bag but when I hit the drain switch, nothing happens and no noise. Right before it stopped working, it would drain very slowly like it was struggling. The filter is clear so cant be debris in the pump. Please advise if I can fix this myself as I dont want to haul it all the way back to the dealer if its simple and I can fix it myself. Thanks in advance. im having the same problem with mine. any help would be greatly appreciated. I should add that i just replaced the bilge pump and i think i bumped the swicthes on the gray things that sit on top of the v drive. the pumps or valves not sure what they are.