PDA

View Full Version : Progressive tower wiring.

bzubke1
05-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I ran into a snag installing my tower speakers. I got the tower speakers ran all the way to the tower base but there doesnt seem to be a hole where the tower mounts to the hull. There's holes in the tower for wiring on this side but there doesnt seem to be a hole.

Cigars n scotch
05-07-2012, 08:55 PM
So drill one?

KG's Supra24
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Ahh, I didn't thing about the fact the front tower leg doesn't come to the hull.
There has to be a hole in it for tower wiring (nav). I had to drill one of mine larger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bzubke1
05-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Figured it was going to come down to drilling a hole. It's in such a tough spot you can't even see the bottom of the tower base, idk how I'm going to get a drill up there. The nav light is ran up the other side of the tower.

KG's Supra24
05-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Is it any easier to get to? I ended up going on both sides of my tower. Its not too bad with the playpen setup.

Someone has had to of done this though. You could give earmark a shout.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bzubke1
05-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Well I ended up finding a small hole that I missed last night, I was kind of in a rush because it was starting to rain. Drilled the hole out a little bigger. Got them all mounted up and they sound sweet!
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/rev10ss.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/rev10s.jpg

Cigars n scotch
05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
looks good, glad to hear you got it all figured out. Are those the "pair bullet hollowpoint 770's" that is in your sig? You're going to really enjoy that 21V now even more!!!

bzubke1
05-08-2012, 09:05 PM
No it's a pair of rev10's. The hollowpoints were on the mobius lsv, still haven't updated my sig. For anyone that may have this problem in the future, the hole is just toward the transom from the metal backing plate for the tower.

Cigars n scotch
05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Ah my fault, I thought they looked like Wetsounds but didn't want to assume. It's funny to me that a year and a half ago when I got my Pro 80's that was what EVERYONE was rocking and it was the sh!t, then WS came out with these REV series HLCD's and it's now the bee's knees (yes I just wrote that). I've never visited WS site to read about the REV series but it's what everyone is now talking about and getting. I love my Pro 80's, but I am also not an audiophile so I couldn't tell the difference between a pro80 and a REV series speaker. Just think its funny..Kind of like all electronics and technology I guess. As soon as you get something within 6 months its outdated.

Anyways, they look great! Would love to hear how they sound, can you post a video? What amp are you powering them with? I see you have dual batteries installed.

dusty2221
05-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Cigars, I can assure you if you heard a Rev next to a Pro you would certainly be able to hear the difference.