PDA

View Full Version : Zero Off

TL7
05-07-2012, 10:51 AM
So it seems after talking to the Perfect Pass guys that in my boat (2010) Perfect Pass doesn't work, and Zero Off is my option. Went to their website and sure enough they have a partnership with PP as to which boats get what. See below from their website.

New questions. Will this plug and play with the pre-wired harnesses that Moombas are allegedly wired for? Can I get a Moomba specific readout like PP offers? Is this system better or worse?

I'm waiting for them to call me back. I hate it when a company requires you to leave a message!

About Zero Off & Perfect Pass?

In May of 2008 Zero Off & Perfect Pass signed an agreement that states;

1) Perfect Pass will not offer drive by wire systems to boat OEM’s beginning 2009 boat model year.
2) Perfect Pass will not offer retrofit systems for 2009 model year for drive by wire applications.
3) Perfect Pass is licensed to sell Star Gazer to its existing customer base until the beginning of 2009 boat model year.
4) Zero Off will not retrofit mechanically/servo driven applications.
What boats will Zero Off be available for?

Currently the Zero Off speed control system only works on 2007 to present boats with a drive-by-wire that use E-Controls ECU’s.

maxpower220
05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
I have talked to the owner/inventor of ZO a few times. Check out youtube videos about ZO. IMO, ZO is a better system, but that is based on a slalom ski standpoint. It is easier to operate and has some features that PPSG/Z box is just now starting to get. However, those features are generally about slalom course timing. For surfing/wakeboarding, one probably can't tell a difference in ZO and PPSG. Your boat should be plug and play, but the 08 (my boat is not, yet).

PP does seem to have a better customer service response system.

TL7
05-07-2012, 04:04 PM
It's definitely more expensive. For the complete kit with gauge, harnesses, etc it's $1330. This is replacing my speedo with the Zero Off gauge.

I can also just go from EZ Cruise to the Digital Cruise for $788.95 from my dealer (plus tax I'm sure). This is much better, but if I eventually want to upgrade that to the full GPS Zero Off it will cost me an additional $1343.00 plus tax for the additional harness, antenna/brain, and authorization for the antenna. So if I want the full blown system, it's a no brainer to do it all now. Just need to decide if I want Zero Off or the digital cruise.

usaski1
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Personally, If I wasen't running the course. .and you aint going to very well with a LSV.. ZO is kinda overkill. I might just get stargazer. they make a wake eddition that I think could be had for under a grand now? All I know is that I continually jack with SG... but it does work well once you get it dialed in.. just be prepared to have speed over run issues and zooming corners until you get it tweaked. On a side not, I would love to get ZO for my outback. Its an 08 DBW... and needs a new ecm... last time I checked a new ecm was as much as ZO... so it would cost me 3k to have ZO in my boat :-(

maxpower220
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I may be wrong, but find out a lot of info on digital cruise. I don't think you will see much improvement over your stock system. IMO, digital would be a waste of money.