PDA

View Full Version : Close call today!

evoimport6
05-06-2012, 06:44 PM
So this issue was caught last week when I took the boat out last week and noticed a small dripping noise coming from the exhaust hose that connects to the hull piece that exits into the water. It was small so I figured I would try to tighten the two clamps that hold it on when I got home. So I did and then we were headed to the river today and got everything loaded up and my brother inlaw was backing me in and before we disconnected from the trailer I checked it. It has now progressed to a stream of water entering the boat. So I have him pull us out and we try to fix, but no success. So now it sits at the stealership. Hopefully it is no big deal to fix.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem. But I'm glad I checked into this or I might be making the evening news, and making a insurance claim.

motosno963
05-06-2012, 09:28 PM
happend to me last summer on my muffler..went on vaction to my buddys cottage, we launched the boat docked it at his ramp and went to bed. The next day i walked down to the dock and saw my boat sitting lower then normal in the water..walked up to the boat and saw about half of foot of water in the boat..not cool..drained it and after about ann hour or two it was filling up again (the dock sits in about 3-4 feet of water where the boat sits)..trying to figure where it was coming from i took part of the floor out where the exhaust runs out to the back and noticed a crack in the muffler and every time a wave would come in the would would come up through the exhaust and out through the crack and into the bottom of my boat...i ran the boat and pumped it all out then sealed the crack with some rtv and its held up (dont have the money for a new muffler right now)..ohh then i also found out the altinator was shot too so no fun on the water that weekend

evoimport6
05-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Yeah, that would suck. My muffler is fine it is the hoses that run from the muffler to the exhaust ports. But I imagined that would happen.

evoimport6
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
So the dealer calls me and says that the flexible piping is too short. That both sides need to be replaced. Too bad the good guys at skiers choice couldn't help me out with a warranty issue. Seeing how they are the ones that cut the pieces too short. Oh well, I guess they really stand behind there workmanship!

I guess I should respect how a 2nd owner boat isn't covered under any warranty, even if it is only on it's 4th season with under 100 hours. At least it didn't sink!

dru1974
05-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Ya well i am sure comments like thst wont get you to far. I would trust the skiers choice work before a dealership 10 times out of 10

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

evoimport6
05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah sorry for the venting just a little frustrated!

mnpracing
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Ya well i am sure comments like thst wont get you to far. I would trust the skiers choice work before a dealership 10 times out of 10

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

I'd be pissed too if something like that wasn't covered. To me, fixing that type of error shouldn't depend upon which # owner you are. This one is black and white to me.

wolfeman131
05-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I understand you're upset, but not many auto warranties would cover an '08 at this point. Also, I really don't understand how if the flexible piping was cut too short at the factory the issue is arising now?

evoimport6
05-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Supposedly they use an adhesive on the connection, and they guess that it finally broke down and started to leak. So when I tried to tighten the clamps it compressed nothing and actually caused the pipe to come all the way off. Sooo, long story short, I also don't understand how it lasted this long.

Like I said could be worse my boat could be underwater. Just happy I checked. Only people it is hurting is the people who I was going to buy other things from. Like 750 fat sacs. :-(

Maybe I will find a way to get those.

Nobodyrides4Free
05-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Most Auto warranties are for any owner and Usually mile limited and 3 years. I get its a boat and everyone takes care of them differently. There are some things that still should be covered by SC. Like a hull warranty that says lifetime, should be lifetime for any owner.

KSmith
05-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Post some pictures of the old hoses after they are replaced

evoimport6
05-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Ok have to get the boat back first.

evoimport6
05-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Ok, so some better news. So the dealer I took the boat to got the pieces out and figured out that the muffler pipes are pre bent. So they checked them out and cleaned the connecting ports and decide there is enough pipe to re use them... So they use the adhesive and are satisfied with the results to release it. So, it cost me half as much and I guess that no one cut the pipe too short. So sorry for the harsh words skiers choice. I guess some things just happen.

Now I have some money left over I might get those sacs.