PDA

View Full Version : boat probs. Perfect pass won't engage

Ironcross25
05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
So second attempt at the lake with new boat was a fail again. Perfect pass won't engage. it beeps when you get to speed but keeps accelerating. any ideas? the other issue is my carb is a huge pos. It fell flat on its face on acceleration then stalled. started back up. 15 mins later did the same thing then didn't start. had to get towed in then got home and got it running in the drive. I had adjusted the timing and the carb before we went and it was running great then ran great at the lake until about 30 mins in. Im gonna pull carb and rebuild and start there. The perfect pass gauge wasn't working when I tested the boat so the dealer returned it and perfect pass sent me a new one. Its the stargazer model. Not sure how it all works since it was hooked up already. I just had to put the gauge in and plug it in.

dru1974
05-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Sounds to me like your vapor locking

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m1jn53

wolfeman131
05-06-2012, 10:52 PM
I think your PP has a mechanical servo that attaches to a cable that manipulates the throttle to maintain speed. I know folks have had the servo and/or cable get out of adjustment. Might be something to look at.

Some of the others might have a better answer for you on the carb, rebuild and stalling. That stuff is beyond me.

Ironcross25
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
i checked the servo and its not spinning. I did the test as show on perfect pass's website. I'm going to call them in the morning.

Ironcross25
05-10-2012, 06:35 PM
update. rebuilt carb. the thing was wasted. someone used teflon on the fuel rail connections to the carb (issue 1) then the carb was just in bad shape. had some rust inside and corrosion, but a little tlc and she's good as new. ill be running the boat in the drive tomorrow to get it straight before I hit the lake sat. and perfect pass is sending me a new servo! they have such great service!

wolfeman131
05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
there ya go!

Updates expected Sat night or Sun.

Ironcross25
05-12-2012, 10:38 PM
and the real problem that started this was the fuel pump safety switch. after running the boat in the drive it kept running out of gas. started looking around testing power and tracked back to the fuel safety switch. i am glad I rebuilt the carb. The place I got it from seems to be a real piece of work now that I'm finding things. She purs like a kitten now! Im off to vegas to donate some money to the fine establishments then Ill be back to finally have a nice long day on the water.